+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of stamps

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Just a quick one: I only need a translation of the stamps in the passport relevant for the last six years and not the old one that I used before the relevant time for my application?

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a perfect question!
I translated all the stamps in my passport (but it was only 1,5 times more stamps).
I guess the officer would be able to read dates on non translated stamps. But I decided to make verification "easier" for a person who reads. Just to avoid getting an RQ, because the officer "is done going through my stamps".

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
That's a perfect question!
I translated all the stamps in my passport (but it was only 1,5 times more stamps).
I guess the officer would be able to read dates on non-translated stamps. But I decided to make verification "easier" for a person who reads. Just to avoid getting an RQ, because the officer "is done going through my stamps".
I might have been misunderstood. I have two passports: one which is expired and of not real relevance for my application as the new one covers the last 6 years. I will bring the old one just in case but assume the stamps in the old passport are of no relevance?
I am NOT talking about stamps in the new passport which might be older than 6 years.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I might have been misunderstood. I have two passports: one which is expired and of not real relevance for my application as the new one covers the last 6 years. I will bring the old one just in case but assume the stamps in the old passport are of no relevance?
I am NOT talking about stamps in the new passport which might be older than 6 years.
What you mean by "bring"? You send its copy with your initial application or you don't send it. If the old passport's copy hasn't been send, you don't need to bring to for the interview. They study all your documents beforehand.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
We were asked to copy the biographical pages of our passports for the application, but not the pages with the stamps.

For the interview, I will bring the current passport which covers the last six years but also the expired one that I used before the six years.

The expired one has some stamps that are in foreign language. This is what I am referring to.

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
At the time of application biographical pages are required only. On interview invitation letter do they specifically ask to bring translation of stamps for last six years? During interview anyone have experience that officer asked for translation.
Thanks.