+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of non-english stamps at test

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hi guys, could any one please let me know if we should translate any non english stamps in passport for interview after test.
I have stamps in Arabic in my passport during and before the last 4 years before my application for citizenship
Your help is appreciated
thanks

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
You don't need,
Lately they dont count the stamps because thy make a research at CBSA before they see you.
Good luck at the test and interview.
Ari

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
ari5323 said:
You don't need,
Lately they dont count the stamps because thy make a research at CBSA before they see you.
Good luck at the test and interview.
Ari
Thanks alot for reply.
But they don't match stamps in passport with residence calculator we sent

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ROMA_1 said:
Thanks alot for reply.
But they don't match stamps in passport with residence calculator we sent
In my case, they did check the stamps in my passport and compared to what was declared in my residence calculator. Had the officer not been able to check any of the dates (like it often is with stamps in Arabic, with the officers not being able to read it), I believe that he would ask for a translation of those (which I already had because this was a mandatory step in my renewal of PR Card weeks before mailing in the citizenship application). There's a number of people in this forum who got a request for translations due to stamps in Arabic, however it is not a mandatory step until they ask for it. If you don't take translations with you and then the officer can't read the stamps, the worst that will happen is the officer asking you translate it and send them the translations.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
i would say its a must. during my interview the officer asked for it specifically an i already submitted them with my application so she already had it. One of my friends got RQ for not having translation of the stamps during the interview. So its a must have...

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
MiriamT said:
In my case, they did check the stamps in my passport and compared to what was declared in my residence calculator. Had the officer not been able to check any of the dates (like it often is with stamps in Arabic, with the officers not being able to read it), I believe that he would ask for a translation of those (which I already had because this was a mandatory step in my renewal of PR Card weeks before mailing in the citizenship application). There's a number of people in this forum who got a request for translations due to stamps in Arabic, however it is not a mandatory step until they ask for it. If you don't take translations with you and then the officer can't read the stamps, the worst that will happen is the officer asking you translate it and send them the translations.
Thanks Mariam
So translate all stamps during last four years and before also in the passport

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ROMA_1 said:
Thanks Mariam
So translate all stamps during last four years and before also in the passport
No worries. My name is Miriam, though. hehe :D

I'd say translate all stamps in the passport, not just the last four years. I've never seen a stamp in Arabic, but I've read that people who don't read Arabic wouldn't know when it's from (so I'm assuming they don't write the dates like they do in North American and European stamps for example)? So it's just better to translate everything to avoid headaches.

Best of luck!

ROMA_1

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
MiriamT said:
No worries. My name is Miriam, though. hehe :D

I'd say translate all stamps in the passport, not just the last four years. I've never seen a stamp in Arabic, but I've read that people who don't read Arabic wouldn't know when it's from (so I'm assuming they don't write the dates like they do in North American and European stamps for example)? So it's just better to translate everything to avoid headaches.

Best of luck!
Yea, I agree
Thanks Miriam, and sorry for name mistake ;D

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
I had a few Brazilians stamps and a Cuban one. The officer barely checked them. And never asked anything about them.
But then again, even if they were in Portuguese and Spanish, the dates a pretty clear.
So... yes, bring the translations can't do you any harm.re

I brought with me to the interview a big pile of documents (well hidden in my backpack) just in case they were requested or the Officer challenged any information in my application. There is no such thing as "too much careful".

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simple Rules of life:

1) if you can question it then officer will most certainly question it.
2) Look at the application as an officer will look at it and that means critically and assume nothing is true unless it can be proven.
3) Do not make your life miserable hoping against hope. Be prepared and provide proof even before they can ask for it.
4) Get a certified translator and get other languages translated. Yes, that means a few dollars more but better peace of mind and no stress during long months of waiting. registries usually have a list of translators.
5) Every query generated by CIC means a few more months wasted so decide what matters and how to use your money as a tool to achieve your goals faster.

khebra

Dec 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROMA_1 said:
Hi guys, could any one please let me know if we should translate any non english stamps in passport for interview after test.
I have stamps in Arabic in my passport during and before the last 4 years before my application for citizenship
Your help is appreciated
thanks
I had the same before when i had the interview, they will only concentrate on the dates of the stamps if this in English numbers , if the dates are in Arabic you should translate it before the interview otherwise he will give you letter to submit and it will delay your process another weeks.
Stamps from UAE, Qatar Oman, is ok are they pout the date in English but Egypt and Saudi Arabia they put the stamp dates in Arabic.

This should be done for all your passport, current and Exprired