+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of documents from Sudan

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Just an advice for anyone confused about translating documents from arabic countries. Ignore that affidavit non sense. I researched before submitting my application, i even researched US embassy requirements to get an idea. It seems that some peope get an ordinary person to translate for them instead of using a registered translator ( to save costs obviously), and thats why they are required to provide affidavit.
Otherwise, you can do what I did and save the headache. I went to a registered translation office, made sure they included a sentence saying ( this is a true translation of the attached document), as canadians love it ( canadian medical council made me do new translations just because that sentence wasnt there!).
Along with the translation, he will also attach a black and white copy of the original arabic document with his stamp.
Then i took my translations and got them stamped at chamber of commerce and finally ministry of foreign affairs.
Good luck and happy to explain if anything isnt clear.

Apr 17, 2017
Thanks guys

I also dig in to it and found that all translators are registered by "Commercial Registrar of ________ State" in my case i got them stamped and verified by Commercial Registrar of Red Sea State and obviously with this line "this is a true translation of the attached document"

Reactions: dr feras

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
Dears, can anyone help me for sudan PCC, i was there 7 years ago...any one knows process and how may i get it..

Apr 17, 2017
Dears, can anyone help me for sudan PCC, i was there 7 years ago...any one knows process and how may i get it..
Hi Noman,

To get Sudan PCC you have to visit Finger Print Directorate in Khartoum. They will take complete bio matrix, finger prints etc and give you the PCC. If you are not in Sudan than you have to visit the nearest Sudan consulate and apply. They will take your bio matrix, finger prints etc and send it to Khatoum. It will be send back to respective Sudan Consulate and you can collect it accordingly. However, this facility is not available in most of consulates, i am not sure in which country you presently location in.

If bio matrix facility is not available in your nearest Sudan consulates than send them an email, they will reply you that for PCC you have to visit Sudan personally as bio matirx facility is not available with them. You can use that email as PCC excuse. Its acceptable, i used this email conversation for my stay in Afghanistan.

I hope it will help.

Thanks
Tayyab

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
Hi Noman,

To get Sudan PCC you have to visit Finger Print Directorate in Khartoum. They will take complete bio matrix, finger prints etc and give you the PCC. If you are not in Sudan than you have to visit the nearest Sudan consulate and apply. They will take your bio matrix, finger prints etc and send it to Khatoum. It will be send back to respective Sudan Consulate and you can collect it accordingly. However, this facility is not available in most of consulates, i am not sure in which country you presently location in.

If bio matrix facility is not available in your nearest Sudan consulates than send them an email, they will reply you that for PCC you have to visit Sudan personally as bio matirx facility is not available with them. You can use that email as PCC excuse. Its acceptable, i used this email conversation for my stay in Afghanistan.

I hope it will help.

Thanks
Tayyab

Many thanks dear i will visit UAE consulate i hope it works out in time

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks guys

I also dig in to it and found that all translators are registered by "Commercial Registrar of ________ State" in my case i got them stamped and verified by Commercial Registrar of Red Sea State and obviously with this line "this is a true translation of the attached document"
Hi Bukhari, Salam,

can you tell me where have you done your translations? I'm in Khartoum and would like to translate some documents for express entry purposes. I heard that university of Khartoum have a recognized translation service, have you used it or used another office?

one more thing does it really has to notarized at the commercial registrar and the Ministry of foreign affairs? coz this is not mentioned anywhere in the CIC website.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 17, 2017
Hi Bukhari, Salam,

can you tell me where have you done your translations? I'm in Khartoum and would like to translate some documents for express entry purposes. I heard that university of Khartoum have a recognized translation service, have you used it or used another office?

one more thing does it really has to notarized at the commercial registrar and the Ministry of foreign affairs? coz this is not mentioned anywhere in the CIC website.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Mahmoud,

Yes, university of Khartoum is also a recognized translator. After the translation please get it attested by commercial registrar. Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not important but you have to go there for your PCC attestation in any case, get the translations attested at same time.

I got my certificates attested from certified translator from Port Sudan.

I hope it will help you.

Tayyab

Nov 27, 2017
Hi Mahmoud,

Yes, university of Khartoum is also a recognized translator. After the translation please get it attested by commercial registrar. Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not important but you have to go there for your PCC attestation in any case, get the translations attested at same time.

I got my certificates attested from certified translator from Port Sudan.

I hope it will help you.

Tayyab
Thank you dear Tayyab,
but are you sure that PCC has to be notarized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs? I havnt came across such requirement anywhere on CIC website! can you please pass me a link for where you saw that?

Thanks

Apr 17, 2017
Thank you dear Tayyab,
but are you sure that PCC has to be notarized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs? I havnt came across such requirement anywhere on CIC website! can you please pass me a link for where you saw that?

Thanks
Hi Mahmoud,

Its not written on CIC website. However, as per Sudan rules and regulations any document to be used outside Sudan must be attested by MOF.

Prevention is better than cure.

It won't take you long. I guess the fee is only 30 SDG and easy procedure. Perhaps you can delegate someone to do that for you.

Cheers

Tayyab

Guana

May 19, 2021
Hi, my friend is going to Khartoum and they are asking her for an affidavit document, and my question is can the document be in English or it has to be in Arabic translation? Thank you.

Guana

May 19, 2021
Has anyone translated documents from sudan with affidavit and notary public stamp?
Hi, my friend is going to Khartoum and they are asking her for an affidavit document, and my question is can the document be in English or it has to be in Arabic translation? Thank you.