+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transit visa urgent

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
does munich airport reqire transit visa mumbai-munich-london-toronto is there any requirement of transit visa in between

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I do not believe so, as long as you do not need to leave "airside", the transit is for less than 24 hours, and you hold a valid visa to land at your Canadian destination.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
This link will help you clear your doubts for Munich http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/in/local?nodeid=3116855&l=en
For London you don't need a transit visa if the connecting flight is within 8 hours.

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
my total trip is 23 hours in munich i will be staying in same terminal for changing flight but in london there is change in terminal so just want to know will it be ok or problem

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Terminal change will not be a problem , I have heard they have bus system by which you can go to one terminal from another one without transit visa.

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
dipta said:
Terminal change will not be a problem , I have heard they have bus system by which you can go to one terminal from another one without transit visa.
ok then it will be fine thanku for reply

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
Hi! I did a lot research on transit visa requirement for London airport.
Based on that if you hold valid document for entry in canada( USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand), you don't need to get transit visa.
as long as you don't have to leave airside you don't need one.
remember this... you can change terminal without changing airside or passing through uk immigration check... Maximum changing time is around 20-30 min(you can change terminal by foot or by bus but not by underground tube)..
You will need transit visa if.... 1) you have to cross uk immigration check... 2) you have to change airport 3) you have to go for luggage check at Heathrow airport(make sure that your luggage is checked in for your final destination) 4) stay more than 24 hours( not sure about it)
Hope I could Help!!!
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!1

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
Hi! I did a lot research on transit visa requirement for London airport.
Based on that if you hold valid document for entry in canada( USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand), you don't need to get transit visa.
as long as you don't have to leave airside you don't need one.
remember this... you can change terminal without changing airside or passing through uk immigration check... Maximum changing time is around 20-30 min(you can change terminal by foot or by bus but not by underground tube)..
You will need transit visa if.... 1) you have to cross uk immigration check... 2) you have to change airport 3) you have to go for luggage check at Heathrow airport(make sure that your luggage is checked in for your final destination) 4) stay more than 24 hours( not sure about it)
Hope I could Help!!!
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!1
Well this solves all his queries. Just one thing, if your stay is of 24 or more hours and you haven't taken a transit visa already (like requested from your home country, the airline is fined by the respective airport authority, so usually they don't wish to get into such things). Rest all is absolutely correct, as long as you don't need to cross immigration officer (which only when you need to get out of the airport for connecting flight or to meet someone) you don't need a transit visa. You can't walk to different terminals, it's not allowed. Though yes there is a free bus service every 10 to 15 minutes at every terminal to other terminals which may take 10 to 15 minutes (yes 10 to 15 minutes, first time when I used this service, I felt as if I am out of the airport, but then the Heathrow airport is damn big). and yes as he rightly said, make sure, you check in your baggage till your final destination (this is something you got to do at the airport from where you will board your first flight). Don't keep much hand baggage if you have connecting flights).

Finally, if you have a halt of more than 15 hours at Heathrow (no less than 15 hours), I suggest try going out and check out the nearby views. there isn't much traffic around airport ( i mean you can cover 10 to 15 kms distance in just 20 to 30 mins via taxi and 30 to 45 via bus) and transit visa won't be a problem but you must keep your connecting flight's ticket with you to show.

Cheers!