+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa question

GoldenboyCA

May 12, 2016
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I sponsored my wife to come to Canada from India and recently she received her Visa stamp after getting PPR. We booked a flight with jet airways which has a 3 hour stop at amsterdam before it reaches India. My question to ya'll is that does she need a transit visa of some sort because she is landing in Amsterdam or just the Canada visa is enough? I know it may be a silly question for some but I just want to make sure so there are no surprises later on.

Regards,

GoldenBoy

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GoldenboyCA said:
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I sponsored my wife to come to Canada from India and recently she received her Visa stamp after getting PPR. We booked a flight with jet airways which has a 3 hour stop at amsterdam before it reaches India. My question to ya'll is that does she need a transit visa of some sort because she is landing in Amsterdam or just the Canada visa is enough? I know it may be a silly question for some but I just want to make sure so there are no surprises later on.

Regards,

GoldenBoy
According to http://www.amsterdamairport.info/visa.html an Indian national does not require a transit visa to transit through Amsterdam.