+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit number for Nova Scotia Bank...help!!

Oct 22, 2018
Bahrain
Hi,

I am an Indian currently staying with parents in Bahrain. I have applied for Lambton college- january intake.
Wire transfer from icici bank in india to Nova scotia bank is not being accepted as the transit code is wrong. These are the details provided by Nova scotia bank.

Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
Name: Enter the student’s first and last name [note: Enter exactly as stated in Passport].
Address: Enter the home address of the student in India.
Account Number: Enter the 15-digit Scotiabank Investment account number (provided above).

Remittance Information (Field 70)
Enter the value “SSGP”.

Please help!!!!!!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
In my view when dealing with anything to do with banking always contact the bank directly and do not rely on a public forum for any information involving bank transfers. Just saying.

SPKD

Feb 25, 2019
Hi Ani. I am in a similar situation as yours - transfer funds from ICICI to Scotiabank and unable to identify 9 digit transit code. Wanted to check if you were able to resolve the issue?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi Ani. I am in a similar situation as yours - transfer funds from ICICI to Scotiabank and unable to identify 9 digit transit code. Wanted to check if you were able to resolve the issue?
When you log to your scotia IB. Go to the chequing account. You will see your transit number

SPKD

Feb 25, 2019
When you log to your scotia IB. Go to the chequing account. You will see your transit number
Well, it's an international account to transfer money before I move to Canada and I will be able to open a chequing account only once I'm there. I have received similar set of instructions as Ani mentioned in her first post above.