+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit number for Nova Scotia Bank...help!!

Discussion in 'International Students' started by Ani Glorya John, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Hi,

I am an Indian currently staying with parents in Bahrain. I have applied for Lambton college- january intake.
    Wire transfer from icici bank in india to Nova scotia bank is not being accepted as the transit code is wrong. These are the details provided by Nova scotia bank.

Send Instruction to:
    THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
    44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
    SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
    THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
    TRANSIT 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
    4715 Tahoe Blvd
    Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
    SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
    Name: Enter the student’s first and last name [note: Enter exactly as stated in Passport].
    Address: Enter the home address of the student in India.
    Account Number: Enter the 15-digit Scotiabank Investment account number (provided above).

Remittance Information (Field 70)
    Enter the value “SSGP”.

Please help!!!!!!

2. I tried but not accepting the hyphen.......it needs a 9 digit.

3. Can someone pls help me with my wire transfer? icici bank requires 9 digits for transit number field........ no characters are accepted.

4. You probably need to add another zero instead of dash, contact icici bank.

5. In my view when dealing with anything to do with banking always contact the bank directly and do not rely on a public forum for any information involving bank transfers. Just saying.

6. called scotia bank but no proper reply from them.

7. #9 Ani Glorya John, Oct 23, 2018 at 4:00 AM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    What if the transit number is wrong....will there be a notification from the bank saying its wrong?? There has to be right??

8. Hi Ani. I am in a similar situation as yours - transfer funds from ICICI to Scotiabank and unable to identify 9 digit transit code. Wanted to check if you were able to resolve the issue?

9. When you log to your scotia IB. Go to the chequing account. You will see your transit number

10. Well, it's an international account to transfer money before I move to Canada and I will be able to open a chequing account only once I'm there. I have received similar set of instructions as Ani mentioned in her first post above.