+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit and single visa in the same travel

guscogui

Jan 9, 2013
I write this enquiry, because I have not found this information in the web. I am currently in Spain, but on March 18th I comeback to Mexico with stopping over in Toronto, and three weeks later, from April 10th to 22th I will make a tourism travel to Montreal. I am filling the forms to apply for a single entry visa to Canada for my trip to Montreal in April, but my question is whether I should also arrange a transit visa for my stopover in Toronto on my trip to Mexico in March. In case I need to handle both visas, would I have to complete two Temporary Resident Visa forms (IMM 5257), one for each? Maybe the best solution is asking for a multiple entry visa? Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

guscogui said:
I write this enquiry, because I have not found this information in the web. I am currently in Spain, but on March 18th I comeback to Mexico with stopping over in Toronto, and three weeks later, from April 10th to 22th I will make a tourism travel to Montreal. I am filling the forms to apply for a single entry visa to Canada for my trip to Montreal in April, but my question is whether I should also arrange a transit visa for my stopover in Toronto on my trip to Mexico in March. In case I need to handle both visas, would I have to complete two Temporary Resident Visa forms (IMM 5257), one for each? Maybe the best solution is asking for a multiple entry visa? Thank you.
You need to apply for either 2 TRVS, transit and visitor, or 1 multiple entry one.

guscogui

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks both of you, I'll apply for a multiple entry one. Now, another doubt: I'm in Spain and need to send my application to the embassy in Paris and they ask to send a prepaid envelope together with my application. My local mail doesn't have this service for international. Can I use a private company like UPS, DHL o FedEx? Thanks again.