07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi all,
I recently opened an online account with RBC before landing. Now my existing account is in Dubai, when I go to the I my bank portal to transfer the money to RBC and I select the transit/routing number for my account, there is no swift code appearing next to it. For this branch only, for all other transit codes/branches swift code is there. Can I still transfer the money even without swift code?

I can't visit the bank as I'm no longer in Dubai.

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
You can ask RBC to ask for SWIFT code.
OR just look for it in their website. You can search it on the internet too. SWIFT is not private code so it should be easily available by Googling.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
You can ask RBC to ask for SWIFT code.
OR just look for it in their website. You can search it on the internet too. SWIFT is not private code so it should be easily available by Googling.
that is not the problem, the fields in my current bank portal are fixed, I can't enter any information manually and the Swift code field says "Not Available"

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Maybe your online account does not have rights to make an international transfer. Best solution would be asking the bank to enable it.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Maybe your online account does not have rights to make an international transfer. Best solution would be asking the bank to enable it.
It does have right to transfer online but it's a crappy bank. I'll have to visit the country and branch, I don't see any other option. Thanks anyway

Jun 15, 2017
Good evening guys, i will land soon and i have a question i cant find an answer till now, at my home country i have an apartment and investment certificates at the bank there, how should i prove these assets during landing, because mostly after few months or a year maximum i will need to seel this apartment and liquidate these investment certificates and send it to my account at CANADA , please need a reply.
as far as i know i cant mention these assets in good accompanying or goods to follow .

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Good evening guys, i will land soon and i have a question i cant find an answer till now, at my home country i have an apartment and investment certificates at the bank there, how should i prove these assets during landing, because mostly after few months or a year maximum i will need to seel this apartment and liquidate these investment certificates and send it to my account at CANADA , please need a reply.
as far as i know i cant mention these assets in good accompanying or goods to follow .
Please check this, one needs funds to support after arrival in Canada. I doubt if a non-liquid foreign investment will be considered as good. In any case, do you research before arriving as this is a ground for denying PR. I didn't know about until the last few weeks and was just planning on a soft landing. I had to carry cash and was specifically asked about funds by immigration officer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

When you arrive in Canada
You must have:

• your valid passport and/or travel documents
    • your passport must be a regular, private citizen passport
    • you can’t immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your permanent resident visa (if we gave you one)
  • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada

Jun 15, 2017
bro, i
Please check this, one needs funds to support after arrival in Canada. I doubt if a non-liquid foreign investment will be considered as good. In any case, do you research before arriving as this is a ground for denying PR. I didn't know about until the last few weeks and was just planning on a soft landing. I had to carry cash and was specifically asked about funds by immigration officer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

When you arrive in Canada
You must have:

• your valid passport and/or travel documents
    • your passport must be a regular, private citizen passport
    • you can’t immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport
  • your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and your permanent resident visa (if we gave you one)
  • proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada
Bro, have the the required POF and even extra, im talking about something else

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bro, i

You are not require to mention your assets in the "goods accompany form" nor "goods follow form". Report them when you file your Canadian tax return.

oryx_np

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
bro, i

Yes, you will have to report your overseas assets when you file tax and you will have file them as primary residence. As far as I know, in order to bring the money tax-free to canada after sale, the property needs to be your primary residence.