Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how to transfer money (around $80,000 CAD) from Pakistan to Canada. After some searching online I found Zarco Exchange (http://www.zarcoexchange.com) to be a reasonable option. They offer products like

1. Traveller's cheques
2. Cash Passport

Can someone please guide if anyone used it.. how was the experience. how much did it cost and are there any hidden charges?

Please guide me if you know about other safe methods. I am going to land as new immigrant in couple of months.

Thanks

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
if you have a Foreign Currency account with a bank in Pakistan, you can probably get a demand draft made in CAD directly. I have, in the past, done such from Habib Metropolitan Bank. You can also make a SWIFT transfer from a foreign currency account in Pakistan (banks like HMB, Standard Chartered, MCB, HBL, etc all offer FC account services) to a bank account in Canada (RBC offers pre-landing bank account opening service http://www.rbc.com/canada/before-you-move/landed-immigrants.html?tab=arrange_tab).

I do not know about Zarco, but for small sums I have used Dawood Qatar in the past (and they provided me a UBL-Bank of Montreal CAD cheque in lieu of the money and fees I paid them). Pretty much all currency exchange companies would provide an identical service and product, I would assume.