+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring from Private to Public School Possible??? Need help!

Omfarris29

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Libya
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada Embassy Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Hello guys!

I am already granted student permit with my dependents and will be starting my intake on March 13, 2019 in a Sterling College (private school). However, I found out another school offering almost the same program in Langara college and I believe it offers PGWP. And the course I will be taking is Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Two-year Diploma) wherein, Langara is approved by CRNBC as reentry program in nursing for IEN?

The problem is, I already paid almost the whole tuition fee in my private school. Would they refund my tuition fee? Or, if not all of them, Can I study for 1 semester in Sterling College then transfer to Langara College on Fall intak (September 2019) since Spring and Summer Applications are closed.

My study permit will expire on April 4,2021, will IRCC extend my student permit since if I transfer to Langara, the program will finish on August 2021.

Does anyone knows the exact tuition fee for this program in Langara? I couldn’t find it in their website.

Thank you!

ledokt

Jan 12, 2019
South korea
Category........
Hello guys!

I am already granted student permit with my dependents and will be starting my intake on March 13, 2019 in a Sterling College (private school). However, I found out another school offering almost the same program in Langara college and I believe it offers PGWP. And the course I will be taking is Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Two-year Diploma) wherein, Langara is approved by CRNBC as reentry program in nursing for IEN?

The problem is, I already paid almost the whole tuition fee in my private school. Would they refund my tuition fee? Or, if not all of them, Can I study for 1 semester in Sterling College then transfer to Langara College on Fall intak (September 2019) since Spring and Summer Applications are closed.

My study permit will expire on April 4,2021, will IRCC extend my student permit since if I transfer to Langara, the program will finish on August 2021.

Does anyone knows the exact tuition fee for this program in Langara? I couldn’t find it in their website.

Thank you!
first of all you should contact langara and ask them based on your profile will the accept you or not for fall intake. and they’ll tell the tuition or provide you a link upon request. if they respond positively then apply for fall intake and obtain the offer letter. after that contact your current school that you want to withdraw from it. ask for refund, based on their refund policy they’ll let you know the amount.

so basically you have to contact with both schools and handle things according to their regulations and policies.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You will probably have to start over at Langara not transfer, so your private study will be a waste.

Study permit you can extend as long as you meet requirements.