Transferring from Private to public school ASAP

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
A friend of mine is about to start in a private college then she found out that the school who used to provide PGWP is not unable to do so. The said that starting last year their student are unable to get PGWP. She found a public college and got accepted quickly. Can she transfer school even before the school starts or does she have to spend 1 semester then transfer school? Will there be a problem in the future?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
A friend of mine is about to start in a private college then she found out that the school who used to provide PGWP is not unable to do so. The said that starting last year their student are unable to get PGWP. She found a public college and got accepted quickly. Can she transfer school even before the school starts or does she have to spend 1 semester then transfer school? Will there be a problem in the future?
No there is no restriction like that. She can transfer asap.

That rule exists in Australia from what I remember, not Canada

Reactions: kapatid

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
There will be problem for the application in the future right?
Nope. There would be no problem as long as you dont break laws and study at a DLI

And like the other person commented, once you start attending the new college, you must do a DLI transfer and inform CIC/IRCC

Reactions: kapatid

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Nope. There would be no problem as long as you dont break laws and study at a DLI

And like the other person commented, once you start attending the new college, you must do a DLI transfer and inform CIC/IRCC
Thank you for your input.

Whitedy_

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Hello po. Does this mean na depende sa school para ma grant ng PGWP?

Kirti_ajit

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hi friends,

I received LOA from a private college and I understand that I won't be eligible for pswp after the course.I am a Btech computer science graduate with 5 years of work experience in IT field.

My academic IELTS score

L- 7.5
R-6.5
W-7
S-7

I had approached around 5-6 consultancies for admission but they rejected my application as I had 16 back papers while pursuing graduation. In community colleges and universities, back papers are a problem.
However, I got my LOA from Oxford college about 2 weeks ago since it is a private college.I have enrolled for the diploma in systems engineering course.
My agency people told me that they would transfer me to a community college after the 1st semester. Or I need to complete the course and then join a community college after 1 year.

Please, could someone advise me whether it is possible for me to get transferred after the first semester.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi friends,

I received LOA from a private college and I understand that I won't be eligible for pswp after the course.I am a Btech computer science graduate with 5 years of work experience in IT field.

My academic IELTS score

L- 7.5
R-6.5
W-7
S-7

I had approached around 5-6 consultancies for admission but they rejected my application as I had 16 back papers while pursuing graduation. In community colleges and universities, back papers are a problem.
However, I got my LOA from Oxford college about 2 weeks ago since it is a private college.I have enrolled for the diploma in systems engineering course.
My agency people told me that they would transfer me to a community college after the 1st semester. Or I need to complete the course and then join a community college after 1 year.

Please, could someone advise me whether it is possible for me to get transferred after the first semester.
Your first worry should be getting a visa. B.tech + 5 years experience and then going for diploma need a very strong justification.

All the best

Kirti_ajit

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
My student visa options are very limited because of the back paper issue.Evenif I get accepted in a community college the visa officer is going to to reject the application siting the backlog problem. Tried pr as well but couldn't get through it.

Please could someone advise me

Kirti_ajit

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Your first worry should be getting a visa. B.tech + 5 years experience and then going for diploma need a very strong justification.

All the best
My student visa options are very limited because of the back paper issue.Evenif I get accepted in a community college the visaofficer is going to to reject the application siting the backlog problem. Tried pr as well butcouldn't get through it.

Please could someone advise me