Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

How will I go about if I want to transfer my case from Kingston, Jamaica to Manila office in the Philippines?

Who should I contact and write to?

I just sent my full application to Jamaica about 2 weeks ago now but I am hearing lots of bad things about how slow they are in processing the applications for immigration. On the other hand, the Manila office is exceptionally fast these days.

What are the pros and cons if I go ahead with this plan?

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CarribRN said:
Guys,

How will I go about if I want to transfer my case from Kingston, Jamaica to Manila office in the Philippines?

I just sent my full application to Jamaica about 2 weeks ago now but I am hearing lots of bad things about how slow they are in processing the applications for immigration. On the other hand, the Manila office is exceptionally fast these days.

As far as i know, if you are a Citizen of Philippines and presently residing in Jamaica or vice versa- You have an option to apply from either of these 2 Places.
Now coming to your case- If you have already sent yr full application, you can request for a change in Visa office but it might take 2-4 months for transfer. If u believe that Manila is fast then you can request your Jamaica Visa office to have your File/Case transferred with a VALID REASON.

Above are just my thoughts......Please confirm with seniors/immigration consultants.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yarla7bh said:
CarribRN said:
Guys,

As far as i know, if you are a Citizen of Philippines and presently residing in Jamaica or vice versa- You have an option to apply from either of these 2 Places.
Now coming to your case- If you have already sent yr full application, you can request for a change in Visa office but it might take 2-4 months for transfer. If u believe that Manila is fast then you can request your Jamaica Visa office to have your File/Case transferred with a VALID REASON.

Above are just my thoughts......Please confirm with seniors/immigration consultants.
its gonna take awhile then. hay..

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
CarribRN said:
Guys,

CarribRn,

While it is true that Manila office is faster than Jamaica visa office, however, if your application is processed under the new rules, Jamaica visa office is mandated by the Canada CIC head office to process your application maximum one year from the date Jamaica visa office gave you the file number. By all means they will and they should finalize your application within this period.

Other than additional documents requested, in my opinion transferring files from one local visa office to another is one of the many reasons that can delay the processing of the application.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
CarribRN said:
Guys,

CarribRn,

While it is true that Manila office is faster than Jamaica visa office, however, if your application is processed under the new rules, Jamaica visa office is mandated by the Canada CIC head office to process your application maximum one year from the date Jamaica visa office gave you the file number. By all means they will and they should finalize your application within this period.

Other than additional documents requested, in my opinion transferring files from one local visa office to another is one of the many reasons that can delay the processing of the application.
Thanks, aspire. that's exactly what I needed to hear. You just made my day. Just a bit frustrated yesterday seeing the cases of those who filed in Jamaica at trackitt. Some have been waiting for 6 months already since the submission of their full docs and still not getting any update from the embassy in Kingston. Hope they would really adhere to the new instruction.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Each visa office has its own way of doing things. Just hope that Jamaica office is doing the security check and the background check all together at the same time. The next time you will hear from them is the medical,rprf, and the PPR at the same time.

Some office do the background check before the medical and after the medical they will do the security check then after that they will request for PPR. That is why they receive the medical too soon.

Even IO's of the same visa office has different ways of doing things. This is what I am hoping for, giving the reason why some London office applicant where my application is being processed receives medical after 45 days from submission of full documents while I dont have mine up to this time after 3 months since I submitted my supporting documents.

I'd better think it this way rather than to think that something went wrong with my application because others who applied late than I did received the medical request already while I do not.

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Hello CarriBRN,
If its ok with you can i please have your email address so that i can reach you via your email,i also live in JAMAICA and i've been in search of someone processing their application via the Jamaican office.Mine is aner777@yahoo.ca.Kindly lets interact via email please.

Thanks.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aner777 said:
Hello CarriBRN,
If its ok with you can i please have your email address so that i can reach you via your email,i also live in JAMAICA and i've been in search of someone processing their application via the Jamaican office.Mine is aner777 @ yahoo.ca.Kindly lets interact via email please.

Thanks.
aner777,

will send my email to your inbox. I am here in Cayman Islands but my visa office is in Kingston. Let's update each other.

danzob

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
hey guys, Kingston is also my visa office..
please pm me if you have updates..
Thanks!

Btw, im in Cayman.