Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
Hi All,
I am going to move to Manitoba soon, and I wanted to know how to get my California drivers license transferred to Manitoba.
I have only had a California Drivers license in the US, even though I have visited other states for like a month or so.
What do I need to do to get my license transferred?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you will want to check Manitoba's provincial website that handles driver's license. google "Manitoba Driver's License" and something will pop up. there should be something about transferring licenses from the US. For most provinces, you will either need your "driving record" from your state's DMV or a current license that has been valid for x amount of time (in ontario 2 years is needed to get a "full" license). It's pretty simple really. The website should provide the information you are looking for, so i'd suggest starting there...

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohdsafiuddin said:
Hi All,
I am going to move to Manitoba soon, and I wanted to know how to get my California drivers license transferred to Manitoba.
I have only had a California Drivers license in the US, even though I have visited other states for like a month or so.
What do I need to do to get my license transferred?
Ensure you obtain the following from CA DMV before you move out from US
1) Your CA original DL and CA Driving History report - History report needed for proving your driving experience and also for reciprocal exchange of US license to the Manitoba license

Check here : https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/DL/DL/Identity/pages/foreign-dl.aspx

2) Obtain Driving experience letter from each of the US car insurers that you have stayed with - This will list out if you had any claims with the insurer and if your report is clean then will be helpful in reducing the premium with Canadian auto insurers.
Once you have these 2 documents, after you land, you can walk-in to any of the nearest driving license offices and they should be able to help you.