+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfered to local visa office

saskatoonsnip

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File transfered to local visa office means what? Am i on the list to be called for oath?

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saskatoonsnip said:
File transfered to local visa office means what? Am i on the list to be called for oath?
Have you had your test? If not,then your local office will be the one in charge to notify you of your test date (or if they need more information regarding your application). And if you've already done your test and passed it.....then yes....it is also your local office's job to schedule you and notify you of your oath date and venue.

Dammyy

May 7, 2016
Hello everyone . I need some help with information.
My wife and I passed our citizenship test in Saskatoon on August 27th, 2015.
During the interview which started off well we answered all questions until the officer asked my wife (the principal applicant) which company sponsored her since we applied under skilled worker program.. Funny my wife totally forgot the name of the company since it is owned by her dads friend and she only did volunteer work with until she got her first job here. My wife answered that she couldn't remember the name and that the job was no longer available upon her arrival and that such info would be in her files. The officer agreed and said to expect a letter in a maximum of two months.
It's about 9 months now and still 'in process' with no updates . Last update shown is the one inviting us for the citizenship test.
We have called the cic call center several times and told no updates and to call back every 6 month.
We have received no letter requesting additional documents.
Everyone we know who did their test even less than 2 months ago have done their oath.
We filled the web for on the CIC website a month ago or more an got a response on the 11th of April 2016 saying, " thank you for your email. Your application is currently under review. The clearances are pending.there is no time frame as to when the clearance will pass".

I still ask my wife why she was nervous and just couldn't answer the question till today considering we are legal immigrants and got our PR from our home country before moving to Canada but seems more like crying over spilt milk.
Any advise on this or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Please, do not blame your wife for such a mistake. Sometimes our memory plays with us. Everything you have to do right now - just wait. But not too long. If you did not get any responses in three months, you have to send them a letter. Do not call them. The call centre has no other information as you can see on your file. The letter is a better solution (always!!!). When they got your letter they will open your file and double check on everything. Usually, this is work for a supervisor or senior officer. And one more... All clearances have the time frame, especially for CIC. They are getting all information from Police, Border and others ELECTRONICALLY! Exception for Police Clearance Certificates issued abroad.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Early Jan applicant here. The Jan 2015 thread is almost dead, because I seem to be the only one posting there, so I hope you accept me here.

Still waiting for Decision Made after passing the test.

Dammyy

May 7, 2016
markarbet said:
Please, do not blame your wife for such a mistake. Sometimes our memory plays with us. Everything you have to do right now - just wait. But not too long. If you did not get any responses in three months, you have to send them a letter. Do not call them. The call centre has no other information as you can see on your file. The letter is a better solution (always!!!). When they got your letter they will open your file and double check on everything. Usually, this is work for a supervisor or senior officer. And one more... All clearances have the time frame, especially for CIC. They are getting all information from Police, Border and others ELECTRONICALLY! Exception for Police Clearance Certificates issued abroad.

Thanks Markabet, you have spoken great wisdom and I am happy for your response. Blaming her has been stupid of me. She is a wonderful person. Now I tell her we are in it together as she feels bad every time.
You mentioned sending a letter which I totally agree to. Where do I send the letter to? Kindly respond.
Again thanks a lot for your kind response.