+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer University

RalNyag

Aug 5, 2018
Hi everybody,
Does someone know can I transfer an university from UK to Canada after the first year? And can I take a full student finance from Canada as well?
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly transfer. If and how many transfer credits you get will depend on the program/school you are in now and the program/school you plan to join in Canada. You will need to contact the university you will be attending in Canada to find out if you will get transfer credits.

As for financing, you will not be able to get financing from a bank in Canada if you are a foreign student. You will have to secure financing from your home country.

RalNyag

Aug 5, 2018
You can certainly transfer. If and how many transfer credits you get will depend on the program/school you are in now and the program/school you plan to join in Canada. You will need to contact the university you will be attending in Canada to find out if you will get transfer credits.

As for financing, you will not be able to get financing from a bank in Canada if you are a foreign student. You will have to secure financing from your home country.
Thanks for that answer. Do you know can I take a student finance from Canada for uni in Canada if I become with express entry visa same time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for that answer. Do you know can I take a student finance from Canada for uni in Canada if I become with express entry visa same time?
I don't understand your question. You need to be a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident to get a student loan from Canada.

RalNyag

Aug 5, 2018
I don't understand your question. You need to be a Canadian citizen or Canadian permanent resident to get a student loan from Canada.
I’ll try to explain shortly about the situation. I’m bulgarian, but have been living in UK from 5 years and waiting for UK cityzen. In September I’m starting university there ( using student finance from the GOV ), but decided to apply for express entry for Canada with my family. I would like to transfer my uni in Canada if they approve our application but want to be with student finance again. I hope that make sense now.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’ll try to explain shortly about the situation. I’m bulgarian, but have been living in UK from 5 years and waiting for UK cityzen. In September I’m starting university there ( using student finance from the GOV ), but decided to apply for express entry for Canada with my family. I would like to transfer my uni in Canada if they approve our application but want to be with student finance again. I hope that make sense now.
Thank you.
Until you are officially a permanent resident of Canada, you will not qualify for financial assistance from Canada for your studies here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you don't have a university education or specialized training you may find it difficult to immigrate. How many points do you have?

RalNyag

Aug 5, 2018
Until you are officially a permanent resident of Canada, you will not qualify for financial assistance from Canada for your studies here.
Thank you for this answer. I completely understand this. My question
If you don't have a university education or specialized training you may find it difficult to immigrate. How many points do you have?
Hi,
I have a Bachelor diploma and Master diploma as well. But I’m going to study an Interior design BA Hons in UK. I know Student finance England not going to pay for my education in Canada and first have to be a permanent resident there if want to live or study there. My question is is there someone who has an Year education in EU uni and then transfer in Canadian uni to explain me how can I do it? I so pose I have to contact with an University and ask them if they are happy to approve my year from UK and eventually start a second one there. And also is there a support for students in Canada like tution loans fee wich covere all the taxes for the uni? I can’t tell how many points I have, because haven’t applied yet ( still preparing all the documents) . First would like to understand more about everything.
Thank you very much :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can live and study as an international student in Canada you don't have to be a PR or citizen. I don't believe there any interior design courses at universities in Canada. There are programs offered at colleges which is more practical training. Given that the programs are likely to be very different I don't know if you will get any credit for your 1 year of interior design education. Yes there are loan programs for students to pay for university or college. You would have to be a Canadian citizen or PR to get a loan.

RalNyag

Aug 5, 2018
You can live and study as an international student in Canada you don't have to be a PR or citizen. I don't believe there any interior design courses at universities in Canada. There are programs offered at colleges which is more practical training. Given that the programs are likely to be very different I don't know if you will get any credit for your 1 year of interior design education. Yes there are loan programs for students to pay for university or college. You would have to be a Canadian citizen or PR to get a loan.
I’ve checked already in Toronto there are a couple of unis for BA int design. And yes I should take a 120 credits from my first year from the uni UK. I think I need 60 for transfer.....but not sure. And that for the finance was helpful info, thank you about it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I was wrong hadn't considered something like an arts school (OCAD) and Ryerson which is a more practical university. It might be very hard to get your transfer credits accepted. It will be up to the school as to what amount of transfer credits you get. It is hard enough to get transfer credits between Canadian universities. You also may have difficulty getting accepted into the 2nd year of a program because they may have a set number of students. You really need to contact the program administrator at each school and ask whether what you want to do is actually possible and what grades you will need to get admitted. They will likely want to see a syllabus for each class that you want a transfer credit for.

RalNyag

Aug 5, 2018
Yes I was wrong hadn't considered something like an arts school (OCAD) and Ryerson which is a more practical university. It might be very hard to get your transfer credits accepted. It will be up to the school as to what amount of transfer credits you get. It is hard enough to get transfer credits between Canadian universities. You also may have difficulty getting accepted into the 2nd year of a program because they may have a set number of students. You really need to contact the program administrator at each school and ask whether what you want to do is actually possible and what grades you will need to get admitted. They will likely want to see a syllabus for each class that you want a transfer credit for.
You are probably right. Everything depends from the Canadian uni.
Thanks