+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer refugees status

Wali jan

May 15, 2019
I would like to get an advice about transferring refugees from UK to Canada.
I have refugees status in UK can I apply in Canada and live there?
Also what are the others options to take to move to Canada and live there because I’m already recognised
by the UNHCR as refugees here in UK but want to move to Canada. Please any advice and help.
Thank you


Champion Member
Jul 29, 2018
You can't transfer from being a refugee in one country, then think, oh I don't like this country, and decide to go somewhere else. Only other options is to go thru the normal immigration route as others do. See if you qualify and go from there


Btw, why do you want to go from the UK to Canada? Millions of people are waiting to be recognized by the UNHCR as a refugee and to be placed in a country willing to accept them, you have been accepted by the UK and now you want to change that ? You cannot pick and choose aka be picky what country accepts you from persecution