+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer option

Harsh Atos

Oct 12, 2019
I am Harsh chaudhary , 3rd year student of clinical medicine i want to do a transfer in canada ...then is it possible?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you asking about transferring into a Canadian medical school? If so, the answer is no. Would also mention that if you are thinking of immigrating after your medical degree abroad, it is very hard to get licensed in Canada except if you come from a few select countries.

Reactions: Harsh Atos

Harsh Atos

Oct 12, 2019
I am pursuing my clinical medicine degree in china now and I want to transfer in a clinical medicine in 4th year in canada...so if you calculate my 1to 3rd year all subjects credit then it will be easy for me to get admission there... actually some of my family members is also lived there ...so how can I come there ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am pursuing my clinical medicine degree in china now and I want to transfer in a clinical medicine in 4th year in canada...so if you calculate my 1to 3rd year all subjects credit then it will be easy for me to get admission there... actually some of my family members is also lived there ...so how can I come there ?
Unfortunately you have no chance of admission to a Canadian medical school if you are not a citizen and maybe a PR. Can’t guarantee 100% about the PR. Transfers are highly irregular for Canadian medical school since schools have a maximum enrolment and very few student ever leave. 4th year are only clerkships and there are only a certain number of spot per specialty for the students to attend and they are basically extremely long interviews. As an IMG it will be extremely hard to get a residency spot in Canada. You have to complete one even if you have done one already in your home country or there are some spots reserved for retraining family doctors who are willing to work in underserviced areas of some provinces. All IMGs must pass 2 licensing exams first. In general, most IMGs never work as physicians in Canada even if they have lots of experience in their home country.

Harsh Atos

Oct 12, 2019
And if i take transfer from my clinical medicine course to nursing then its possible...!? respected university count my subjects credit to get enrolled in nursing course in canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
And if i take transfer from my clinical medicine course to nursing then its possible...!? respected university count my subjects credit to get enrolled in nursing course in canada?
Unlikely you can try but someone would have to willing to evaluate your courses. You would only likely be able to get credit for basic science courses like anatomy. Getting approved for a study permit as a transfer student from medicine to nursing will also pose big problems. It isn’t a logical progression.

Harsh Atos

Oct 12, 2019
So as per your suggestion what can i do? You know my all situations like i am a student in 3rd year of Clinical medicine in china and i want to continue my study there! It doesn't matter which course provided by University..its like nursing or health sciences etc. but only my course credit which i completed here is count in that particular Canadian University...that's all.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
So as per your suggestion what can i do? You know my all situations like i am a student in 3rd year of Clinical medicine in china and i want to continue my study there! It doesn't matter which course provided by University..its like nursing or health sciences etc. but only my course credit which i completed here is count in that particular Canadian University...that's all.
Have you taken the IELTS? I think you need to also focus on the basic requirements of a study permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
International transfer into a regulated health professional will be extremely difficult or not impossible. You will definitely not get full credit for all your courses because they are unlikely to coincide exactly with courses in Canadian programs. Would recommend you finish your degree and seek further studies in Canada.

Harsh Atos

Oct 12, 2019
okay...and actually one of my friend is still thinking to study in canada... recently she is complete her bachelor degree in Pharmacy..and she is get 5 band in each module in IELTS... Which course you can suggest for her ?