+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer of University from US to CANADA

vivek.04540

Apr 16, 2011
Hello everybody,
Is it possible to transfer from a canadian university in US to the same university in canada (eg Concordia,nyit etc) and can i get a workpermit of 3 years for a 2 years course in MS say 1 year in US and then 1 year in canada .The only thing iam trying to ge t into US is i am low in academics and its not easy for me to get into a canadian university with such a gpa.So i have decided to join a canadian university in US and then transfer my credits to the same university in canada.My doubt is will i get a work permit of 3 years in canada or will it be a 1year work permit as i am planning to do a 2 year masters course (1 year in US and then transfer to canada and complete my 2 year)but in a canadian university from US. any help or information would be appreciated.Thank you.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vivek,

There are a lot of universities in US and Canada where exchange is possible.

The program and the destination University depends upon several factors including initial tie up between the university, availability of seat in the destination uni program etc.

You should ask this question to your academic/student adviser and check this in university transfer section of your university website. They can guide you better.

Thanks,
GS

vivek.04540

Apr 16, 2011
hi GS_STUD,
Thank you for you reply , but i have another doubt if i do 1 year masters in a US university and then transfer to canada and do my remaining 1 year will i be able to get 3 year work permit in canada or will it only be a 1year work permit as i have done only 1 year of my course in canada .Considering the US university has a tie up with the canadian university.Thank you for u r help once again.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivek.04540 said:
hi GS_STUD,
Thank you for you reply , but i have another doubt if i do 1 year masters in a US university and then transfer to canada and do my remaining 1 year will i be able to get 3 year work permit in canada or will it only be a 1year work permit as i have done only 1 year of my course in canada .Considering the US university has a tie up with the canadian university.Thank you for u r help once again.
Hi Vivek,

This is a tricky question. Sorry but I do not have any idea whether CHC will acknowledge the time spent in US.

You should consult an authorized study consultant and the destination university to get a better answer.

You will get 1 year visa for sure.

GS

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
As far as I have read on CIC website, they have clearly mentioned 2 year Post Secondary Education IN Canada.. so, according to ur case, it looks like you will get 1 year Work Permit unless you enroll for 2 years in Canada