+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer of savings

snj

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
As a new PR holder. What is the best way to transfer your savings from India to Canada before arriving at Canada. Of course we don’t have a bank account in Canada yet.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
As a new PR holder. What is the best way to transfer your savings from India to Canada before arriving at Canada. Of course we don’t have a bank account in Canada yet.
Activate online banking from Indian bank. Arrive in Canada open a bank account, transfer online.

snj

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
Yeah i understand that but we want to tranfer while we are in india so that if there is a issue in tranfering we can take it up with the bankhere itself

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yeah i understand that but we want to tranfer while we are in india so that if there is a issue in tranfering we can take it up with the bankhere itself
I know its tough while being in another country. I have an idea, do you have any friends in Canada, maybe you can transfer in their account and then can get it back once in Canada. Or maybe try to transfer a little bit to see everything goes well. Maybe not sure maybe try to contact Canadian bank to see if they can open an account from overseas.

snj

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
We tried opening an account in scotiabank. But that didnt work out. They have this program for newcomers but its all online when we call and talk to them about it they have no information to give. I spoke to 3 differrent reps from the bank and it was all in vain.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
We tried opening an account in scotiabank. But that didnt work out. They have this program for newcomers but its all online when we call and talk to them about it they have no information to give. I spoke to 3 differrent reps from the bank and it was all in vain.
Oops. How about any friend in Canada?