+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer of refugee status from Sweden to Canada

tiger87

Dec 31, 2020
Hello
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year,

I have a question regarding migrating from Sweden to Canada I lived with my partner in Sweden since 2015 and we have Granted the Highest level of status refugees in Sweden even I have added that we have Granted positive answers from the first interview and we have got the first acceptance.
Sweden is an extremely Racist country and the government and all systems in Sweden cover each other to hide how they are killing refugees in Sweden, Sweden doesn't respect us and I have a master in information technology and my partner has a master of architecture, but with this level of education, they force us to go down and be a cleaner because we are a refugee and all wealth and good things are for white blue eyes people, they don’t allow us to come to society and they would like that we live in the corner of society.

Please, someone, help me to make the right decision.

Best Regards.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

I have a question regarding migrating from Sweden to Canada I lived with my partner in Sweden since 2015 and we have Granted the Highest level of status refugees in Sweden even I have added that we have Granted positive answers from the first interview and we have got the first acceptance.
Sweden is an extremely Racist country and the government and all systems in Sweden cover each other to hide how they are killing refugees in Sweden, Sweden doesn't respect us and I have a master in information technology and my partner has a master of architecture, but with this level of education, they force us to go down and be a cleaner because we are a refugee and all wealth and good things are for white blue eyes people, they don’t allow us to come to society and they would like that we live in the corner of society.

Best Regards.
Sorry to hear about your experiences in Sweden.

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer your refugee claim from Sweden to Canada.

If you wish to immigrate to Canada, you will need to qualify through an economic immigration program like Express Entry. Details about the Express Entry program can be found in the link below. This is a points-based program where those with the most points are selected for PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello

Best Regards.
I am very surprised to hear that you can't even get an entry level IT job if you are willing to relocate within Sweden or are you already working in Stockholm? As long as your masters and/or work history are applicable and you can past the interview tests you should be able to find a job. It may not be at the level you want but getting no offers seems extremely strange Not knowing Swedish well may also be a stumbling block but hopefully you have been working to improve your Swedish.

Want you to have realistic expectations of Canada. If you aren't finding opportunities in Sweden you may run into the exact same problems in Canada. The fact that you don't need Swedish is the only big difference.

Architecture jobs are in short supply so even Swedish and Canadian architects can't find jobs and foreign architecture degrees may bot be recognized in Canada either. Are you fluent in Sweden? That can be a stumbling block.

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello

Best Regards.
As per Canadian Immigration Law, A person who has been granted Refugee Status in any country is Not eligible to claim Asylum in Canada.
Regards

Reactions: tiger87

tiger87

Dec 31, 2020
I am very surprised to hear that you can't even get an entry level IT job if you are willing to relocate within Sweden or are you already working in Stockholm? As long as your masters and/or work history are applicable and you can past the interview tests you should be able to find a job. It may not be at the level you want but getting no offers seems extremely strange Not knowing Swedish well may also be a stumbling block but hopefully you have been working to improve your Swedish.

Want you to have realistic expectations of Canada. If you aren't finding opportunities in Sweden you may run into the exact same problems in Canada. The fact that you don't need Swedish is the only big difference.

Architecture jobs are in short supply so even Swedish and Canadian architects can't find jobs and foreign architecture degrees may bot be recognized in Canada either. Are you fluent in Sweden? That can be a stumbling block.
Hello, canuck,

In Sweden, if you want to have a middle level or high-level jobs they will look to your name and surname and address you live, their priorities are
their own people, in the TV show Swedish people already said we need immigrants to do some jobs that we don't like to do, so this clearly shows what logic is behind this.
About the Swedish language, I will tell you that many people from Britain or USA or Australia or Canada or Germany are living and working in Sweden with English language and most of the Swedish is perfect in English, but the joke is they force immigrant to learn Swedish because they want to use immigrants for the lowest level of jobs like taking care of old man and women so you have to know SWEDISH! so even if I learn Swedish full they still will not give me a good job because I'm an immigrant and if I don't have a job they will not give me a permanent resident permit, so this means I don't have hope to learn Swedish when they drive me to the corner of society, I have a lot of experience and stories in Sweden how they are humiliating people like me in here.

So the Swedish government claim Sweden is a multicultural country like Canada, but the main fact is Sweden is a multicultural country with their European brothers and sisters, the immigrants are here to give them the services.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hello, canuck,

In Sweden, if you want to have a middle level or high-level jobs they will look to your name and surname and address you live, their priorities are
their own people, in the TV show Swedish people already said we need immigrants to do some jobs that we don't like to do, so this clearly shows what logic is behind this.
About the Swedish language, I will tell you that many people from Britain or USA or Australia or Canada or Germany are living and working in Sweden with English language and most of the Swedish is perfect in English, but the joke is they force immigrant to learn Swedish because they want to use immigrants for the lowest level of jobs like taking care of old man and women so you have to know SWEDISH! so even if I learn Swedish full they still will not give me a good job because I'm an immigrant and if I don't have a job they will not give me a permanent resident permit, so this means I don't have hope to learn Swedish when they drive me to the corner of society, I have a lot of experience and stories in Sweden how they are humiliating people like me in here.

So the Swedish government claim Sweden is a multicultural country like Canada, but the main fact is Sweden is a multicultural country with their European brothers and sisters, the immigrants are here to give them the services.
that's why I'm confused because I saw many IT immigrants are working in the big giant company Spotify

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, canuck,

There have unfortunately been similar issues in Canada where people with more "ethnic" sounding names applying for jobs or applying to rent a home. I don't believe you will find big differences between Sweden and Canada. I also know that there are successful immigrants in Sweden and the majority of Swedes are not racists. Swedes are also definitely not going around killing refugees. Would suggest meeting with career counsellors or others in your field because if you are skilled in most types of IT and you speak Swedish you should be able to find a job somewhere in Sweden. You may not start with your dream job but you should be able to get a job in IT.

Reactions: Yelsew

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hello, canuck,

I am sorry to hear your bad experience in Sweden. Racism is huge problem in all countries. Some of them are more sympathetic to immigrants and some of them just does not like immigrants. Please accept this reality and try to adjust your expectations accordingly.

Most importantly do not forget that we have fled from our countries because of much worst things then some racism and seek refuge in a countries like Sweden and Canada. They have accepted us and gave us one more chance to get best out of life.

Some fatherly advice aside; you definitely have other options. Sweden is EU member. Wait until you get your Swedish citizenship and move to some other country that is more tolerant to immigrants. Since you are already Swedish citizen you will have much better chance over there.

Good luck and wish you best