+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer of funds from Saudi Arabia (SAMBA Bank) to Canada (TD Bank)

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Has anyone recently successfully been able to wire transfer funds from SAMBA bank to TD bank? If so, could you please provide the process you went through in adding the international benificiary using SAMBA online banking? I keep getting a message that I have enter the TRANSIT number correctly, even though I am positive that it is correct. Now I'm being told that I cannot add the benificiary online and that I have to visit a branch and fill out some special form, and this only applies to wire transfers to Canada, nowhere else.

Can anyone who has been in a similar situation chime in? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi beemir,

Any update on your funds transfer thing?

I am in the same situation and would like to know further on the funds transfer.

Best,

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Update: Even though this is an old post, I will update it in case others come across the same issue. I am not sure when SAMBA, or maybe other banks, started doing this but I guess some time in 2019. You have to go to the bank and ask to fill a "EDD Form" which basically asks some security questions and details as to why you want to add this beneficiary to your account etc. It's not that complicated. Once you've filled it in and given it back to the teller I guess you have to wait up to 48 hours before you try adding the beneficiary in your online banking. This time it won't get rejected as long as all the information is correct. It will get activated and then you will be able to carry out wire transfers.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello All!!

i transferred some amount, approx. 9K CAD from SNB to TD on Sunday.
The amount from SNB has been deducted.
Today its 4th working day and still the amount is not reflecting in my TD account.
Anyone faced this before?