+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer Of Course & College after reaching canada

kubee

May 27, 2013
helloooooooooooooooooo peeps, pls l really need an answer, l have a 4yrs working experience as a human resources officer in country though, so after l study human resources mgt for a semester can l switch to med diagnostics in another school, becos lm applying to conestoga college for d human resources bt will apply to another school for d med diagnostics :'(

cat1234

Sep 6, 2015
hye
I got admission in post graduation diploma in public college in thunder bay .i want to change my college to Montreal(Quebec) which is private college and i am getting admission in that college too..I want to know is there is any problem if we move from public to private college within the same course. n what i need to do to change my college
thanks

Msidhu

Sep 8, 2015
Hi tiger i need ur help...
Plz contact with me by email
My email is mandeepsidhu67588@yahoo.com
I am
Waiting

Msidhu

Sep 8, 2015
hi..
i am in Vancouver (British Columbia).
i has been accepted by the langara college for Sept. batch .
but this college is far away from where i lived.
i changed my college and got admission in Douglas college but the problem is that
i got accepted for Jan. batch.
is there any problem for me to change course and take admission in another college but in next session?
how i can show this gap?
am i going to right track?
is there any problem for me in long time like regarding work permit and PR. ?
guys please help me.....
i really appreciate your suggestions in advance..

Msidhu

Sep 8, 2015
hi dear.
i came form india on 25 july on study base.
i lived with my relatives.
i had been acceptd by the langara college.
i got visa on the base of lanagara college. but that college was far away from my house. and i was in the waitlist in all the courses till the firs date of class(8 sept).
i changed my college. i droped my course in langara.
i took admission in douglas college.
but the problem is that i has been acceptd in jan session in douglas college.
i am free now.
currently am not attending college.

i want to know.
this thing can lead to me in a problem when i will trying to get work permit or PR in future?

i heard from many people that u can change your college.
but am not sure about the gap..
like i came from india for the sept batch but in new college my classes will start in jan.
i called to CIC and talked with the agent they said. you can do this.
plz tell me am i going to the right track ?

Kulwinder66

Oct 29, 2016
cute_guy said:
Hi Tiger,

Is it possible to change college/university before evening landing in Canada. I mean apply visa with one college LOA and then join another college in another province directly ???
Thing is , I have LOA from two MBA collleges , one in BC and another Quebec. For the Quebec one, I 'm waiting for Indian Govt grant, which will make my tution fee equivalent to Quebec Resident Fee , but that will come to know at June end, which will be very late for Visa !!!!!

So, can I apply visa with LOA of BC college and then if get grant for Quebec, simply use this visa to pursue course in Quebec . I have applied to CAQ also from Quebec .........

Any suggestions/thoughts on how can I go about ......I would like to apply for Visa asap!!!!
Hi cute_guy,

I got TRV on the basis of LOA from Conestoga College, Ontario in 2 yrs PGD in Mobile Sol Dev for Jan 2017 on 12 Oct 2016 and booked my flight for 27 Nov 2016 to Toronto.

But on 25 Oct I got LOA from Concordia University, Montreal, for Masters in Applied Computer Science for Jan 2017.

As I am interested in Concordia so apply for CAQ.and hoping to get the same before my departure.

Therefore you are requested to guide me whether I should apply for study permit to Concordia, Montreal at POE with its LOA and then go to Conestoga for withdrawl and refund.
Or
Should I get my study permit for conestoga at POE then apply for Withdrawl and refund after showing LOA for Concordia.

In that case should I required to get my Study Permit changed apart from CAQ as I am going to study in Quebec whereas my study permit is for Ontario.
Or
There is any better advise from you in this matter then the mentioned by me.

Anyhow I am reaching Toronto on 27 Nov 2016 Whether I got my CAQ approved or not till then, and if not, then I will go for SP for Conestoga at POE and change to Concordia later after receiving my CAQ.

Should change of SP also reqd as it is from Ontario to Quebec.

Thanks.

SALLYMA

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Msidhu said:
hi dear.
i came form india on 25 july on study base.
i lived with my relatives.
i had been acceptd by the langara college.
i got visa on the base of lanagara college. but that college was far away from my house. and i was in the waitlist in all the courses till the firs date of class(8 sept).
i changed my college. i droped my course in langara.
i took admission in douglas college.
but the problem is that i has been acceptd in jan session in douglas college.
i am free now.
currently am not attending college.

can you please tell me what did you do in your situation?
what about the gap ?
can you work meanwhile ?

i want to know.
this thing can lead to me in a problem when i will trying to get work permit or PR in future?

i heard from many people that u can change your college.
but am not sure about the gap..
like i came from india for the sept batch but in new college my classes will start in jan.
i called to CIC and talked with the agent they said. you can do this.
plz tell me am i going to the right track ?

BINUJUSTIN

Mar 10, 2017
Dear tiger
Myself Binu from India . Iam graduate of BA philosophy from IGNOU.I have an overall band 6. I want to study culinary management. Will it help me in getting touch with PR.Please suggest me Something as Iam confused.please reply me as early as possible

Oct 16, 2017
Brampton
Visa Office......
Brampton
Hi , i am currently student of cambrian college in organization management of 2nd semester. This is one year post graduation level diploma. I am going to complete the course in December 2017 by continously 8 months study and i have also applied for next programme in jan 2018 but i did not get offer letter for this intake . So it means that I have to continue my study from may. But my study permit is valid till march. So please suggest me how can i extend my study permit before march and will this gap in study effect me in negative way or not,?

Jcmay

Dec 7, 2017
Hi!

What if Im planning to transfer to another instution that is eligible for pgwp, how long should i stay to my previous institution wherein I enrolled for 2years and its been 3mos now that i attended my previous institution. How long should I end my studies in previous institution before transferring to another institution that eligible for pgwp? Can you please help me. Thanks

jeet6599

Sep 7, 2017
Hello My name is jeet patel. I am studying at cambrian college. I have took an admission in computer system technology and it's a co-op course. so i have decided to no to go in co-op and go to two year diploma in network technician which is the same corse as like comp sys tchnlogy. I am worried about that can i change this course but i have an work permit of co-op program so is it will problem in future when i complete the two year program.

Jun 16, 2018
I am a computer science student ,completed my btech in 2016 and I got admission in northern college timmins,(course :computer engineer technician ) I paid 1year tution fee and applied for visa ........my frnds cousin who is already in Canada suggesting me not to opt that clg ....in that case can I transfer my admission to some other clg ????and I dnt have acceptance of anothe clg .....