+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer money from India

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
Hello All,

Greetings.

Can someone suggest the best possible way to bring money from India to Canada?
I am asking a question for bigger amount to buy a house here and not asking for a settlement fund for immigration purposes. :)
And what are the tax obligation?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello All,

Greetings.

I am asking a question for bigger amount to buy a house here and not asking for a settlement fund for immigration purposes. :)

Thanks
Wire transfer is probably the easiest way. No specific tax implications for a direct movement of cash as far as I am aware.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello All,

Greetings.

Thanks
No tax implications on your wealth
Folks do wire transfer unless they have an account in Canada already
Also look at transferwise

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
Hey Rish_Ind
I am in same situation and need to transfer big amount from India to Canada for buying house. I am moving on PR to canada
Can you please suggest based on your experience
Thanks
Gursharanjit

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hey Rish_Ind
I am in same situation and need to transfer big amount from India to Canada for buying house. I am moving on PR to canada
Can you please suggest based on your experience
Thanks
Gursharanjit
If you don't mind showing the transfer in your bank statement history for the mortgage then I would strongly recommend to transfer directly from your bank in India to your bank account in Canada. I have done this in the past and had no issues. Message me if you have any further questions.

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
If you don't mind showing the transfer in your bank statement history for the mortgage then I would strongly recommend to transfer directly from your bank in India to your bank account in Canada. I have done this in the past and had no issues. Message me if you have any further questions.
[/

Hi i have few questions tegarding bring money from india via SBI Bank. Can you please help