+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

transfer credit

Daniel.TK

Dec 13, 2009
Hi all,

i'm 26 years old from China Shanghai.i have graduated from a finance college for 3 years, working for a Germany company serve as business supervisor. but i still want to pursue education in canada, but i don't want to take another 4 years to get a bachelor degree. so if i can transfer parts of credit and take 2 years to finish the bachelor degree?

thanks in advance!!!!

Dan

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is completely up to the university you would go to if they let you transfer credits or not and how much. Look on the internet for universities you might want to go to, contact them and ask.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Some unis will recognise yr credit transfer provided they are up to the canadian standard and has the same contents and pretty similar course credit and course texts used. Credit transfers are also dependent on the program that u intend to pursue again in Canadian uni, the best way for u to go about is to apply with the grades that u have attained and then the uni will assess and admit u based on that but most unis will not assess yr credit transferability till u are in the uni itself, so it really all depends on the credential of yr previous attended school or college, and how the courses that u have taken measure up against the canadian uni course requirements.

rohit1234

Feb 20, 2010
Daniel, u can very well apply to Canadian universities. U can apply for masters degree where u will have to finish some of the required courses/credits as u have a 3 yr BS degree. Even u can apply for diploma/certificate courses. The entry requirement for some of the diploma/certificate courses is just 3 yrs BS.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Daniel.TK said:
Hi all,

i'm 26 years old from China Shanghai.i have graduated from a finance college for 3 years, working for a Germany company serve as business supervisor. but i still want to pursue education in canada, but i don't want to take another 4 years to get a bachelor degree. so if i can transfer parts of credit and take 2 years to finish the bachelor degree?

thanks in advance!!!!

Dan
Dan,

It also depends on what program u intend to pursue, if u are a finance diploma holder, then u may be able to pursue a advance dip program or some cert or u can go to a community college then transfer the recognised credits from there to a better known university of yr choice or a program of yr choice.