+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts - SCDL (Symbiosis) - why are they Problematic?

rishabh_arora2000

Jul 23, 2017
Hi Members,

Would appreciate inputs on the following:

1. Has anyone got a positive evaluation for PGDBA (SCDL) from WES recently? I just had a check and it seems that “Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning” is now appearing under the Name of institution in the Add credentials section of WES.

2. I already have the transcripts from SCDL with me. In case I decide to go with IQAS, would they accept transcripts send directly to them rather than via the institution. Has anyone got a positive evaluation by sending the transcripts directly to IQAS?

Thanks!
SDE
Go with IQAS. Recd positive eca from them.

Lovitchawla

Aug 19, 2017
I have sent my diploma to ICAS for evaluation. They take 4 months to evaluate, which will fall in the first week of Nov. I will update you once I get the results. I understand lot of people are eagerly waiting for the results.
I read in another thread that some one have sent his SCDL diploma to IQAS. They are only taking 45 days, though result is yet to come. Keep an eye on the below link. I believe that assessment result from IQAS is due shortly in the below thread and you might get an update.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-with-successful-educational-credential-assessment-eca-of-scdl.462228/page-4

Cheers
Max
Hi Max, I have gone through your post, I am interested in applying for education evaluation through ICAS, Need your assistance on it. Could you please drop me your contact details on below mentioned email id, Lovit.chawla@yahoo.com.

Regards
Lovit Chawla

Maxpandey

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Secunderabad
NOC Code......
Hi Max, I have gone through your post, I am interested in applying for education evaluation through ICAS, Need your assistance on it. Could you please drop me your contact details on below mentioned email id, Lovit.chawla@yahoo.com.

Regards
Lovit Chawla
Hi,

Though all the details are already there in various posts, however please do let me know if you have any specific query.

Regards
Max

Lovitchawla

Aug 19, 2017

Regards
Lovit Chawla

I have following queries if you could reply me on the following points.

1. Pg diploma from Scdl as my higher degree (which option to opt ICAS, IQAS, WES, anyother)
2. Months took for processing of your eca through ICAS?
3. I have my transcripts with me. Should i send it by my own if choosing ICAS?
4. Should i request both graduation(delhi university) and scdl ( pg diploma) to send documents to ICAS?
5. If you have any whats app immigration canada group in which you can add me + 91-9891055000

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
I applied/ Requested SCDL Transcript

Sent them (3) colored copy of Diploma + mark sheets and filled form and DD of Rs. 1000 ( for 2 transcripts)

I got their email reply today ( About Dispatching)

............ Your General Letter (Transcripts) is dispatched by Speed Post..........

What does General Letter (Transcripts). mean ???

Does it mean Transcripts ( including copy of Diploma , marksheet etc.) or just a General Letter ?

ninjaturtles

May 17, 2018
I applied/ Requested SCDL Transcript

Sent them (3) colored copy of Diploma + mark sheets and filled form and DD of Rs. 1000 ( for 2 transcripts)

I got their email reply today ( About Dispatching)

............ Your General Letter (Transcripts) is dispatched by Speed Post..........

What does General Letter (Transcripts). mean ???

Does it mean Transcripts ( including copy of Diploma , marksheet etc.) or just a General Letter ?
Hi spartanz,
Guessing you have received the Transcripts by now. What it looks like, just a letter or bulky enough to contain two transcripts of your certificates ?
Pls update.

Regards,
Ninja

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
Looks like a letter ( 1-2 page)

What do you mean by bulky .. two transcripts?

I assume it would be containing 2 pages ( colored copy , 1 each for marksheet and diploma)
Received in hand on Friday , Dispatched for ECA on Monday :)

ninjaturtles

May 17, 2018
Looks like a letter ( 1-2 page)

What do you mean by bulky .. two transcripts?

I assume it would be containing 2 pages ( colored copy , 1 each for marksheet and diploma)
Received in hand on Friday , Dispatched for ECA on Monday :)
Thank you spartanz :D:) looks it took almost 10 biz days only for speedpost
I was thinking the package you've received is bulky enough as it contains two envelopes; one envelope for each transcript set (marksheet + diploma) + transcript request form as recommended by WES.
BTW,
1) Did you send the transcripts to WES or other evaluators such as ICAS, IQAS?
2) Any request form been sent to SCDL to fill details from their end? like WES's transcript request form.
3) Did you add any cover letter to instruct them to seal & sign on the back flap of the envelopes?

Regards,
Ninja

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
My Father received 2 Transcript-2 Sealed Envelopes in 1 package ( I was sent 1 transcript-1 Sealed Envelope by my father to me) , Long story short :
Lets talk about 1 transcript ( Sealed envelope) -- I felt it contains 2 paper : mark sheet and diploma colored copy , stamped by them
1) I sent to IQAS
2) I didn't use Request form
3) No , I didn't : They know it more than what we know , it's their daily work :)

Chill !

Where are you in process ?
Not Requested / Requested Transcript / Received / sent for ECA ?

ninjaturtles

May 17, 2018
I've started my transcript request with SCDL only today on your reply, spartanz. Thanks.
For my UG in engineering & diploma already applied in respective university & DOTE but wasn't sure whether to apply for SCDL transcripts, as many forum says it is not recognized at all.

Hence I was planning for WES only with my B.E & Diploma. Also i had submitted WES - "Academic Records Request Form" with UG university which was explicitly asked by them. If anybody aware can you answer below?
  • Can i use the same set of transcript, and letters to submit for evaluation with ICAS, IQAS, etc.so my PGDIB from SCDL can be recognized and points be provide? I very much understood that these Request form will also be part of transcript envelope from my university. Please light on.

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
I've started my transcript request with SCDL only today on your reply, spartanz. Thanks.
For my UG in engineering & diploma already applied in respective university & DOTE but wasn't sure whether to apply for SCDL transcripts, as many forum says it is not recognized at all.

Hence I was planning for WES only with my B.E & Diploma. Also i had submitted WES - "Academic Records Request Form" with UG university which was explicitly asked by them. If anybody aware can you answer below?
  • Can i use the same set of transcript, and letters to submit for evaluation with ICAS, IQAS, etc.so my PGDIB from SCDL can be recognized and points be provide? I very much understood that these Request form will also be part of transcript envelope from my university. Please light on.
I have personally skipped "Request Forms"
Same set of Transcript mean ? the second set you asked or what?
( if u requested and got 2 sets of transcripts from university -- you can use second set too)

My spouse transcript may have WES form included in transcript ( we asked, then we tried to ask them not to do -- so donot know ) , we didn't fill any ref no. of WES form ( no fee paid at all to WES) , so , this transcript ( even if it has WES form) is going to IQAS now -- I donot anticipate any problem.

ninjaturtles

May 17, 2018
( if u requested and got 2 sets of transcripts from university -- you can use second set too)

My spouse transcript may have WES form included in transcript ( we asked, then we tried to ask them not to do -- so donot know ) , we didn't fill any ref no. of WES form ( no fee paid at all to WES) , so , this transcript ( even if it has WES form) is going to IQAS now -- I donot anticipate any problem.
Thanks again spartanz. Good to know even if we have WES form enclosed in transcript to ICAS/IQAS, it doesnt cause any issue. But in ICAS website (https://www.icascanada.ca/new/immigration-to-canada.aspx/procedures.aspx) it sounds more to capture seal & signature by university officials in their application form & return to them.

By same set i meant, Transcripts + Request Form for WES.

PreciousLady

Nov 8, 2018

I am totally confused about the process...
I have my Bachelors's degree transcripts with me and trying to cordinate to get SCDL to give me mine.
Do iQAS accept the SCDL transcrpts if i courier what i receive from SCDL?
Also iQAS website is too complicated for me, can someone simplify it for me...
PLEASE...