+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts needed(In india..rupeshhari..pls help )

ramaj

Sep 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can someone tell what does it mean by transcripts? we have all our universities certificates and degees. Do we need some additional document to support these certficates?

Thanks.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
ramaj said:
Hi,

Can someone tell what does it mean by transcripts? we have all our universities certificates and degees. Do we need some additional document to support these certficates?

Thanks.
Transcrpits mean your grades. Degree and transcripts are required for immigration.

ramaj

Sep 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still cud not get wha does it mean. In India, we donot get grades. We get marks which are specified on certificates.

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An Academic Transcript is an official document which states your course, subjects and results, completion date, graduation date and is signed. It is an official copy of a student's academic record. It records all courses successfully and unsuccessfully completed.

The transcripts are given by university ina a sealed envelope. I dont know which university you have studied in..but any decent university will gv you an official transcript. Do check their website too for the procedure.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
like NVR and Aghijan said, it is a list of the courses you took, their grades (and if letter grades, then what does each letter grade mean), etc. I think in india, you might call it mark sheets but i am not sure. maybe someone can clarify that.

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With due regards rupeshhari, transcripts are separate from marksheet and you have to apply seprately for it fm the university.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramaj said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Transcripts mention your time period with the University, course and marks obtained which is usually on a university letter head and in a sealed envelop. Now for DU, goto your south or north campus and file for it for Rs 500, you will get it in 5 days, if you are in New Delhi.

The CHC needs an authenticated proof which is a transcripts.

grjoshi

Sep 17, 2009
Yes, mostly all Indian Universities provide student Transcripts if they require for studies in USA, Canada etc...and also ofcourse for any other visa purposes. These are usually given to the student for extra charge. You should meet somebody in your admin office for the same. They will know what transcripts are.

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
All Seniors,

1) Is this mandatory to give University transcript? Can Marksheet and degree enough to support your case?

2) My wife's 10th marksheet is written in Hindi is it required to translate that to English ? How can we do this in India? what is the process to translate it?

Thanks,

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
As mentioned in above replies - Educational Transcripts are provided by Universities( Graduate and PG studies not 10th schools) for the Purpose of Higher Education and/or Immigrations purposes.
If you are from India, almost all universities provide Transcripts by charging you 500 - 1000 Rs

- A Transcript looks like a consolidated mark sheet, it is given by the university for Bachelors/PG / university degrees.
- It is given in a sealed Envelope signed with the University stamp/Seal. And it should not be opened by you.
- You can request for multiple copies of the Transcripts.

ramaj

Sep 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everybody.

I have one more query. I am B.Tech degree holder. Will transcript from university for graduation course(B.Tech) will serve the purpose or I need to get it from my 10+2 and 10th board as well?

Thanks,

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramaj

transcript are not given for 10th and 12th..only for college level and above.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
transcripts CAN be obtained for 10th and 12th as well (some boards do give those) - per my understanding.
However as rightly mentioned already - transcripts are NOT required for 10th / 12th.
the CHC checklists mention "original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in universitysealed
envelopes." - its for degrees only (bachelors or masters)

hope it helps.

cheers boltz.

Navaneet

Dec 31, 2013
Official transcripts are consolidated marks sheets with percentage scores, grades on official university certificate, signed by registrar evaluation and sealed by the university. Most higher educational institutions in USA, Canada, UK, Australia ask for these official transcripts.

getmytranscripts-dot-in