+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts accurate reflection of your academic ability?

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I am applying to Concordia, what should i excuse for my 65% in Bachelors in Information Technology in India

I never really paid attention and studied a day before exams ;D

Here is what i think -

I do not consider my University score to be a true reflection of my ability, the reason is stated below -

I was always focused more on practical applications of the learnt subjects, i was regretfully never very attentive in theory part of the subjects. I scored 89.5% in Industrial Training in the last term due to my greater focus on real world applications

I am sure i could have done a lot better if i had given equal attention to the theoretical learning

kaurkaur

May 5, 2015
Punjab
Dont mention that u didnt paid attention to theory you could say it like u find practical work more interesting and grasp things easily that way than craming written material.
This is my perspective! Rest is upon u.

roohbir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Chandigarh, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same situation here GTO911. I've mentioned in my SOP that I was always attracted by practical aspects or applications of the subjects. Also, @kaurkaur is right. Consider that too.

lincolnghotra

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
There is no need of giving excuse of your aggregate. Its good .. 65% is sufficient for admission in Concordia university. It is first division and mostly university's minimum requirement is first division for Indian students. So don't worry about it. Just make good SOP.

My case is also same. In theory I got just passing marks but scored good in practical subjects. My aggregate of b.tech mechanical is 68%. I am admitted to Concordia university for session fall 2015 in Meng mechanical engineering. In my opinion, you should go for course work program i.e MEng, its requirements are less than thesis based program.

Hope this helps..

All d best

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Thanks for the replies folks, i chose not to give any lame excuse as that might be counter productive.

When you dont have something good to say, better keep your mouth shut :)

And yea, should i attach the certificates of my 6 month training in B.Tech ??

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Guys please help me with this question

I have 62% in my undergrad , I also had a few carry over exams

What can I possibly write here to impress the grad admission staff

Thank you