+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tranition in Canada.

Ramiah

Feb 8, 2020
I just leaned that i need a transit visa to Canada, (which I do not have) as I tried to check in to my flight online to Mexico in less that 24 hrs.
Any help is appreciated!
background information:
I am an Ethiopian nationality living in Germany with a work residency permit. I never had this issue of needing to have a visa just to transit to another country. what should I do?

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This is not unique to Canada given a visa or an ESTA is also required to transit the USA if not a visa exempt passport holder. Reason being for Canada at least is to discourage asylum seekers, the US have their own reasons in wanting to keep track on who is passing through

Ramiah

Feb 8, 2020
This is not unique to Canada given a visa or an ESTA is also required to transit the USA if not a visa exempt passport holder. Reason being for Canada at least is to discourage asylum seekers, the US have their own reasons in wanting to keep track on who is passing through
Thanks for the reply. learned about this the hard way I guess. I never needed a visa just for transit (without having to leave the airport), atleaswhile traveling through Europe or Africa.

Ramiah

Feb 8, 2020
Rebook your flight. Lots of flights with transits in Europe to Mexico where you probably don’t need a visa.
I bought another flight from Frankfurt to Mexico. I lost a lot of money for the first one as it was not refundable.