+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Training for the job

cinvest2021

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Hello,

Got a basic job as desk employee at a phone reseller company in a big mall ; upon hiring, I was informed I will have first to get training.

- Surprised by the duration of the training (3 weeks) as I will just be sitting at the desk and basically show case new phones, explain mobile plans etc.
But I do not mind.

My questions:

- Any chance that I will not get paid because I am on "training" ? I doubt it, but just wondering.
- If I do resign at some point in the near future, apart from this creating a possible bad reference, will I need to reimburse the training investment by the employer?
- Will this create some sort of obligations preventing me from resigning at later stage (upon giving standard notice)?

Well, I know this should be included in the work contract, which I guess I would sign at day 1, but I do not feel comfortable asking questions about resignation modalities even before starting.

So I was trying to probe here for some info. or hints based on standard or most common practices and labor law in general in Canada.

Thanks