+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic violation

Rogue2010

Sep 5, 2014
I got pulled over because of traffic violation and the officer gave me 1 point ticket with the amount of $150 and I'm just holding a learner's license. Im just wondering if this could affect my Application for permanent residency? I ask the officer if i have have criminal record then and he say's its just a ticket, i'll just pay for it and I'm good. Is it true that i won't affect my application?

sinp-nominee2014

Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
Skipped
Nomination.....
06-2014
AOR Received.
08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
Late Jan 2015
Med's Request
8-2014
Med's Done....
08-2014
Interview........
Skipped
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to come
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
This is not a criminal Record. BUT I would try to appeal the ticket in the court so its frozen and this way its delayed and you might win..

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
Dont worry it will not affect your permanent residency application.. as its just a ticket but be cautious because if you are in a accident on learners license then you can be charged under Criminal charges ( in most provinces).

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocky_bombastic said:
Dont worry it will not affect your permanent residency application.. as its just a ticket but be cautious because if you are in a accident on learners license then you can be charged under Criminal charges ( in most provinces).
Could you please explain why it is a criminal charge for ones with learner license? Thanks

Rogue2010

Sep 5, 2014
A million thanks to all replies. Because i didn't sleep all night just because of that incident. One thing is clear for me, it is a one point less in my license already.

Rocky_bombastic

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Regina-SK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May '13
Doc's Request.
25th Nov '13
Nomination.....
11th Oct '13
AOR Received.
29th Dec '13 ( ECAS update to Application recieved on 12th Nov '13)
File Transfer...
RPRF request 15-May-2014
Med's Request
30th Dec '13
Med's Done....
07th Jan '14
Interview........
IN PROCESS ---> 2nd June '14. --- Decision made---> 23rd June '14
Passport Req..
July 3rd 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 15th 2014
LANDED..........
18th July 2014---> PR card received Sep 8th 2014
They will charge you under Criminal charges only if the other party wants to... You are not legally allowed to drive with learners license .. Police will give you a tickets and points will be deducted...
Lets say you got into the accidents with learners license. Because you have learners license, The insurance company will not pay the compensation and the other party has to pay it themselves in order to get it fixed , so they can put in the case such as endangering their life etc etc.. thanks how the other party can charge you.. But this is only if the other party puts an official case on you. You can always consult and lawyer or settle with the party

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocky_bombastic said:
You are not legally allowed to drive with learners license ..
This is wrong. Why then can you have a learner driver license, if you can not legally drive?????
With a learner driver license you can drive, if there is a full GDL 5 driver (not-probationary, but advanced) sitting next to you.

Rocky_bombastic said:
Because you have learners license, The insurance company will not pay the compensation and the other party has to pay it themselves in order to get it fixed , so they can put in the case such as endangering their life etc etc..
The insurance covers, if the owner of the car gave you permissions to drive the car and was sitting next you as a full GDL 5 class driver. At least, this was what our insurance told us.