+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic History from Australia

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
Hi everyone,
I lived in australia for 4 years and never had a driving licence.
Now, i have got police clearance from there but cannot obtain traffic histroy report.
Is it ok submit a letter stating that i cannot obtain traffic histroy report and file my application.

Please let me know about this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
guelphmm said:
Hi everyone,
Now, i have got police clearance from there but cannot obtain traffic histroy report.
Is it ok submit a letter stating that i cannot obtain traffic histroy report and file my application.
Well, I assume you are aware of the CIC requirement:
IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY:please note that all applicants who resided or still reside in: Queensland, Victoria or Western Australia, must also submit a Traffic History printout, which may be obtained by contacting the local State Transport/Traffic branch. Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Victoria driver's licence was issued.

So, based on this, I assume you lived in Queensland, Victoria or WA. I just looked at the WA application form for a traffic history, and I see nothing that prevents you from obtaining it. Just because you did not have a driver's license doesn't mean you can't get one.

So, can give more detail on why you can't get one?

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
I lived in victoria and the online one needs driving licence which i never had?
Is there any other way to contact them to obtain the traffic history.

Please let me know.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Did you try the "Contact Us" link on their website? :)
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/

The other problem with the online version that it provides only the past 5 years; CIC requires the history since you were 18 years old. (This might not be a problem is you are less than 23 years old).

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It requires a driver's license to make a telephone call?

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
I applied Family Class - they requested a traffic history report as I resided in VIC> I have never held a license.

I was informed that I could email a stat dec / notarized letter to affirm I have never held a license. They accepted it.

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
gally said:
I applied Family Class - they requested a traffic history report as I resided in VIC> I have never held a license.

I was informed that I could email a stat dec / notarized letter to affirm I have never held a license. They accepted it.
Thank you very much, i will go for stat dec/notarized letter as i am exactly in same position as you

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
gally said:

Hi Gally,

I reside in Queensland and I'm in a similar situation. I don't hold an Australian License. but whn I emailed Immigration dept. asking the same, thy advised me tht in addition to a Stat Dec. its better to get a letter frm ur local transport dept. stating tht I dnt hold a license.

If u have also applied for such a letter, could u plz tell me how to obtain tht letter? Is there any form? How much is the fee?

Thanks

gally

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
rrv said:
Hi Gally,

I reside in Queensland and I'm in a similar situation. I don't hold an Australian License. but whn I emailed Immigration dept. asking the same, thy advised me tht in addition to a Stat Dec. its better to get a letter frm ur local transport dept. stating tht I dnt hold a license.

If u have also applied for such a letter, could u plz tell me how to obtain tht letter? Is there any form? How much is the fee?

Thanks

hi rrv, no i just emailed the stat dec. I didnt bother getting a letter as they said stat dec would be fine.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
guelphmm said:
Hi everyone,

[/quote

no there is no need , just take a print out of the application form of traffic history record. attach a cover letter with it and explian in the cover letter "why can't you get your report from australia" . high lighting the field in application form wherein they say that you gotta have a licence number to get a report . i actually did that and nobody asked me for the report

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
guelphmm said:
Hi everyone,

Hi
I was also in the same situation, I reside in QLD and and never had an Australian License. The Immigration dept advised me to get a letter frm the QLD transport stating tht I don't hold a driving license and thr r no traffic convictions or offences against me.

I went to the deptt. of QLD transport and thy issued me 2 letters. One stating 'UNKNOWN' against the driving license and other stating tht i dnt have any traffic history.

I suggest, its better to get official letters from Transport Department.

Oct 19, 2011
Hello guelphmm,

I am new to this forum, but I saw that you posted a question about obtaining an Australian traffic history report without having held an driving license in Australia.

I am exactly in the same situation, and would like to know what you did to solve this issue and if you got a positive reponse from the Canadian immigration services.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Cedric

guelphmm

Star Member
May 27, 2011
You can send through a request for this via email to demerits@roads.vic.gov.au or by mail to:
VicRoads
Licence Processing
PO Box 2482
Kew VIC 3101

I wrote email as follows:
Dear Sir/Madam,
RE: TRAFFIC HISTORY PRINTOUT/DRIVING HISTORY REPORT FOR OVERSEAS VISA

Hope you can help. I lived in Melbourne for 4 years and currently live in the Canada. I am applying for overseas visa and the form states I need to produce a driving history report for time spent in Melbourne. The only problem is I do not have an Australian driver's license and therefore cannot use the online service.

I have just spoken to a consultant in the Licensing Dept. at Vic Roads and they advised me that they couldn't provide me with a report because I don't hold an Australian license and told me to mail in my details to you instead to obtain written confirmation that a report cannot be produced (due to the fact that I never held an Australian driver's license)

They asked me to provide the following details:
Timeframe living in Australia: xxxxxxxxx-xxxxx
Full Name: xxxxxxxxxx
Date of birth:XXXXXXX
Address when residing in Victoria:XXXXXXXXX

Theysent me letter

cedricinbrussels said:
Hello guelphmm,

I am new to this forum, but I saw that you posted a question about obtaining an Australian traffic history report without having held an driving license in Australia.

I am exactly in the same situation, and would like to know what you did to solve this issue and if you got a positive reponse from the Canadian immigration services.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Cedric