+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic History - Australia

jmcg_can

Apr 22, 2019
Hi All,

I am applying for Express Entry and am preparing all of my documents. I previously lived in Australia for 1 year (6months QLD/6months VIC) and need to retrieve Traffic History from both. I have never held a license in Australia, nor did i drive or rent a car. VIC is pretty straight forward i believe and I have emailed demerits@roads.vic.gov.au to retrieve the confirmation from them.

QLD seems to be a very different process. From what i understand I need to apply for a release of information and given that I am sending this from Canada - I need to get certified copies of my proof of identity (passport, credit card etc.) I have a couple of issues/questions with this:
1. I can only provide 2 documents (most which are requested are Australian documents).
2. To have them certified, I assume this translates to being notarized?

I read on another forum from 2010, that a notarized document defining that you have not held a license in these states and therefore do not have any traffic history, this would suffice the requirement from CIC.
Can anyone confirm if that would be accepted? Police Report from the country will also be provided as expected and whatever the VIC Roads Authority provides.

I am a little unsure if this would be an adequate document to provide CIC due to the following note on the CIC website:
-----
IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

• Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued. Please apply through Qld Transport.
  • Residents of Victoria must submit a Full Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued. Please apply through VicRoads.
Driving history reports will be directly given/sent to you by the departments of transport of the state where you live or previously lived. An immigration file number, if available, should be endorsed/written on the certificate.

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Full Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that they have never held a driver’s license in that state.

-----

As the QLD process is not clear and will take much longer, i was hoping for a more efficient route to gather all of these documents. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

May 30, 2020
Hi All,

I am applying for Express Entry and am preparing all of my documents. I previously lived in Australia for 1 year (6months QLD/6months VIC) and need to retrieve Traffic History from both. I have never held a license in Australia, nor did i drive or rent a car. VIC is pretty straight forward i believe and I have emailed demerits@roads.vic.gov.au to retrieve the confirmation from them.

QLD seems to be a very different process. From what i understand I need to apply for a release of information and given that I am sending this from Canada - I need to get certified copies of my proof of identity (passport, credit card etc.) I have a couple of issues/questions with this:
1. I can only provide 2 documents (most which are requested are Australian documents).
2. To have them certified, I assume this translates to being notarized?

I read on another forum from 2010, that a notarized document defining that you have not held a license in these states and therefore do not have any traffic history, this would suffice the requirement from CIC.
Can anyone confirm if that would be accepted? Police Report from the country will also be provided as expected and whatever the VIC Roads Authority provides.

I am a little unsure if this would be an adequate document to provide CIC due to the following note on the CIC website:
-----
IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

• Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued. Please apply through Qld Transport.
  • Residents of Victoria must submit a Full Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued. Please apply through VicRoads.
Driving history reports will be directly given/sent to you by the departments of transport of the state where you live or previously lived. An immigration file number, if available, should be endorsed/written on the certificate.

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Full Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that they have never held a driver’s license in that state.

-----

As the QLD process is not clear and will take much longer, i was hoping for a more efficient route to gather all of these documents. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi! Did you ever figure this out?? This is what im struggling with too!

r1t

Nov 14, 2020
Dear all, I have submitted my file with Traffic History report from QLD. However, recently I saw that there is another letter that some people have submitted who do not hold any license there, so I have the same case and I have not submitted that letter. Can someone guide me if what I have submitted is enough (the traffic history report) Or shall I submit (VIA WEBFORM) the similar letter (stating no license held) as well? I am still in AOR stage (AOR 6-Jan). Please advise. Thank you