+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traditional Wedding Pictures requirement

anshhuln

Oct 22, 2018
Hi All,

My wife is sponsoring me to Canada as she is a citizen. We are in relationship from past 7 years and we got engaged this year followed by a court marriage according to the legal system of India. I proceeded further to apply for the PR and submitted all my documents. All went quick as my application with the police verification and the medical test was approved. But, now i got an email asking for traditional wedding pictures.

Our wedding is in January and we have to respond in 1 month. It would be great if anyone could advise as to what should be included in the explanation letter and how does it look like. Also, what other proofs should I include with the letter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi All,

My wife is sponsoring me to Canada as she is a citizen. We are in relationship from past 7 years and we got engaged this year followed by a court marriage according to the legal system of India. I proceeded further to apply for the PR and submitted all my documents. All went quick as my application with the police verification and the medical test was approved. But, now i got an email asking for traditional wedding pictures.

Our wedding is in January and we have to respond in 1 month. It would be great if anyone could advise as to what should be included in the explanation letter and how does it look like. Also, what other proofs should I include with the letter?
Did you take pictures when you registered your marriage? With the witnesses? With the Registrar of Marriages? Were your families and friends present? Also, do you have photographs of your engagement ceremony? Did you submit a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage?

You can also include your wedding invitation for the traditional marriage + copies of the receipts for booking the venue, florists, etc

anshhuln

Oct 22, 2018
Did you take pictures when you registered your marriage? With the witnesses? With the Registrar of Marriages? Were your families and friends present? Also, do you have photographs of your engagement ceremony? Did you submit a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage?

You can also include your wedding invitation for the traditional marriage + copies of the receipts for booking the venue, florists, etc
Hi Bryanna,

Yes. We did take pictures but not with the registrar of marriages. The family was present and we clicked pictures outside the marriage registration hall. It was quite crowded so didn't get it clicked inside the court. I had submitted that picture and also 10-15 engagement pictures. I had also submitted the marriage certificate.