VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you,
For now they have asked these two questions
1) submit photos if you had traditional wedding
2) provide dates of your post marriage cohabitation
And i have to reply then within a month. I am thinking to include
- LOE explaining our marriage
-3 boarding passes of her post marriage visits, includes 2 photos for each trip and hotel stay receipts
-boarding pass of her April’s flight and LOE to let them know we are living together now from 9th April

do you recommend anything else to include?
Would also include public announcements that you are married on things like Facebook, Instagram, etc. with pictures. As previously mentioned it is not uncommon for people to get married to start sponsorship but not make it public and then have their large traditional wedding that they then post as their actual wedding. IRCC is aware that people do these ceremonies to start the sponsorship process then have their “true” wedding later. Many do not publicize that they have had a small civil ceremony which is a red flag.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Would also include public announcements that you are married on things like Facebook, Instagram, etc. with pictures. As previously mentioned it is not uncommon for people to get married to start sponsorship but not make it public and then have their large traditional wedding that they then post as their actual wedding. IRCC is aware that people do these ceremonies to start the sponsorship process then have their “true” wedding later. Many do not publicize that they have had a small civil ceremony which is a red flag.
I agree with above but to emphasize for OP: if the fact pattern shows that you and spouse do not see the civil marriage as the "true" wedding, including being public etc, IRCC is going to doubt it.

Even more so: the fact pattern is also potentially consistent with a marriage of convenience - getting married quietly in order to get visa, because it wasn't a 'real' marriage anyway.

(I like to say the 'red flags' are more like yellow cards in football/soccer - individually not critical perhaps but get enough of them...anyway that's the limit of my sports analogies)

Reactions: canuck78

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I have already made public announcements on facebook and instagram and also attached screenshots when I sent my application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have already made public announcements on facebook and instagram and also attached screenshots when I sent my application.
When you respond to the PFL, don't be shy about repeating and underlining things you have already indicated - you make the best case you can, and don't assume everything was looked at in the same way you present now.

This includes things like eg photos with friends and family (before and after marriage) for things that show you as a couple. A good example might be attending the weddings of others (a thing 'couples' that are public usually do).

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Hello people,
For my outland living in canada application, we just got am email from NDVO yesterday.
- pictures submitted in your application does not show traditional marriage rituals. Please send us photographs if you have done traditional wedding and rituals. Or please advise if you plan to have elaborate wedding.

in our case, we did civil wedding just few of our family members maximum 10 and in presence of marriage officiant. Wedding was at home we did vows and sign papers that was it. I also attached those pictures along with my application, and explained them i couldnt do much because of COVID.

Please can anyone guide, what should we reply to them now?
Hi did u get any response from NDVO after submitting documents?

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Can you show the timeline please?
App sent - 05 Nov, 2021

Medical req- 09 feb, 2022

AOR - 09 feb, 2022

SA - 09 Feb, 2022

File transferring to New Delhi VO

Med given - 11 Feb, 2022

Med updated in GC key- 19 Feb, 2022

Ghost update email - 15 march, 2022

Additional docs request - 04 April, 2022

ADR emailed - 13 April, 2022

Online tracking system update says information received and eligibility in progress - 15 April, 202

Reactions: Reetu B

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
App sent - 05 Nov, 2021

Medical req- 09 feb, 2022

AOR - 09 feb, 2022

SA - 09 Feb, 2022

File transferring to New Delhi VO

Med given - 11 Feb, 2022

Med updated in GC key- 19 Feb, 2022

Ghost update email - 15 march, 2022

Additional docs request - 04 April, 2022

ADR emailed - 13 April, 2022

Online tracking system update says information received and eligibility in progress - 15 April, 202
I submitted additional documents via courier/online/ email
Last month but no reply whether they received or not
What should i do kindoff confuse

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I submitted additional documents via courier/online/ email
Last month but no reply whether they received or not
What should i do kindoff confuse
Do you have any update in tracking system?
My GC key is still not updated. It is still asking for documents. So I guess they must have received your docs but are lazy to respond.

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
Do you have any update in tracking system?
My GC key is still not updated. It is still asking for documents. So I guess they must have received your docs but are lazy to respond.
I don’t have gckey as my application was paperbased
My online tracking shows the last activity on 13 april 2022 that they asked for information (adr)
Thats it no update after submitting adr

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
I don’t have gckey as my application was paperbased
My online tracking shows the last activity on 13 april 2022 that they asked for information (adr)
Thats it no update after submitting adr
They must have asked you to send docs through email right?
Did you got automated confirmation email right after sending docs? If yes then you are ok