Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Icebergmoma said:
DM appeared today on the ecas

Timeline:

1- Application received on june 10th 2015
2- In progress on august 20th 2015
3- Test done on december 1st 2015
4- RQ received during interview due to a shortage of 5 days in physical presence that I admitted during interview. I made an error in my application on one trip depature date.
5- RQ sent on december 29th 2015
6- DM in ecas on march 27th 2015

Waiting for any news now ! :)
congratulations!

change2016

Mar 29, 2016
Michael1423 said:
Good to see a lot of people are getting their citizenship oaths under a year :p
still waiting for mine, gave my fingerprints december 21, 2016 still nothing..
has anyone else been asked for fingerprints?

timeline:
applied : june 3, 2015
AOR: august 20, 2015
Process: september 8, 2015
Test: october 22, 2015
fingerprints: december 21, 2015
OATH:
We have almost the same experience....
Applied: june 3, 2015
Acknowledge: Aug 14, 2015
Start process: Aug 27, 2015
Fingerprints: December 8, 2015, still nothing...

No test, nothing...

VEN_Mavo

Jul 17, 2015
Yesterday, on a beautiful and somehow warm morning in Hamilton, ON we finally had our Citizenship Ceremony. Although I had been in other ceremonies before, this was more special and meaningful not only because it was our Ceremony, but also because it was almost intimate (barely 50 new citizens) and was presided by an Canadian Citizen who was himself an immigrant and a recipient of the Order of Canada. He took the time to speak to each of us at -what it seemed to me- a very personal level. What a way to become Canadian Citizens!

Thank you all for the support and best wishes for all of the June 2015 applicants!

victoria2016

Feb 29, 2016
VEN_Mavo said:
Yesterday, on a beautiful and somehow warm morning in Hamilton, ON we finally had our Citizenship Ceremony. Although I had been in other ceremonies before, this was more special and meaningful not only because it was our Ceremony, but also because it was almost intimate (barely 50 new citizens) and was presided by an Canadian Citizen who was himself an immigrant and a recipient of the Order of Canada. He took the time to speak to each of us at -what it seemed to me- a very personal level. What a way to become Canadian Citizens!

Thank you all for the support and best wishes for all of the June 2015 applicants!
Congratulations! :)

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hi,

Got the oath completed at St. Clair office on Mar 29. Had applied in June, 2015 under the old rule.
Best of luck to everyone waiting for their citizenship.

Thanks,

MANI_02

Mar 31, 2016
hI ALL,
I have test on 6 apr 2016 .Please give tips for interview I was unemployed for 1 year.I want to sail through interview comfortably,

Rgds!
manis

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
MANI_02 said:
hI ALL,
I have test on 6 apr 2016 .Please give tips for interview I was unemployed for 1 year.I want to sail through interview comfortably,

Rgds!
manis

The best approach is read few times "Discover Canada" guide, available on CIC website.

There are many free online self testing / practice sites for Citizenship Test preparation.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

http://www.ocasi.org/citizenshipcountsca-ocasi-launches-new-website-app-help-youth-study-citizenship-test
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

Remember to take with you all Original doc's Passport (current and expired) Landing Certificate, PR, SIN, driving license if you have.

Wish you all the best.

Alias

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hi Mani, interview is just verbal. The main thing is that they will cross check the entry/exit dates in your passport which you have mentioned in the application to ensure that you meet the number of days required. You don't need to carry any papers related to your job. But they may ask you whether you are working, where you are working, etc. Another objective of the interview is to check your English/French language skills.

Thanks,

osvaldoma2005

Apr 2, 2016
Hello,

Processing Center: Vancouver.

My timeline is the following:

Application: June 10, 2015.
AOR: June 11, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 16, 2015.
Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 17, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
Test and Interview: August 31, 2015
Oath:

Still no news since August 31, 2015!
I know people that took the test on the same day as me and have already taken the oath. Please share your experiences

Is anyone else's application being processed in Vancouver with a similar timeline? Just look to get an idea for other people's timelines to know if it is normal that it takes this long, or if there may be something wrong with my application?

Thanks for your input and responding to my query.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, got my oath invitation for April 20 yesterday by mail. application sent June 4, 2015. Test on December 7,2015 and DM on March 7, 2016.

canrami

Sep 16, 2015
Hello everyone,

I applied for citizenship back on June 2015 from Mississauga, received a notice to write the test on March 17, and I passed the test last week March 31. The interview did not take long right after the test. Just today the status of my app. changed to decision made with no message indicating anything. What does that mean please? Does it mean everything was OK there will be another step I have to go through prior to receiving the notice for oath. Most people mentioned that the Decision made was along with a message indicating something about the oath.

Thank you