+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
Fabi_yukon said:
Just thought I would share my timeline as it was somewhat unique to what I've seen posted before:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 5, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on August 12, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on January 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you a notice on February 22, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 9, 2016 at 1:04 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
6. We sent you a notice on February 22, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

I've received my notice to write the test and with it a note that said that if I had passed the test and everything was okay with my file, I'd take the oat the next day (which was today!)
I have just taken the oat btw YAY!!! ;D

I am in Whitehorse and this was done through the Vancouver Office.

I just thought it was interesting as I hadn't seen the short turn around between test and oath before.

Also wanted to point out that during my interview with a CIC officer after the test, the stickler was the fact that I said I was out of the country twice during my time as PR, but there were no stamps on my passport whatsoever, so I had to provide them with my airline tickets, and that was enough for them. If I didn't have any proof of leaving and coming back, I think it would've taken longer.

Congratulations. sounds like they are conscious of the travel expense so they schedule your oath the next day.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Atif.Ayub said:
I and my wife took the test yesterday in Mississauga. Test was a breeze. We read the Discover Canada book a couple of times and took a number of practice tests at www.citizenshipcounts.ca. we also looked at some flash cards on the same site.

The interview was detailed. The officer went through our passports and asked us general questions about work and travel. Also looked at the exit and entry stamps on our passports.

We are looking forward to the Oath Taking Ceremony invitation.

While it aint over, we are almost there...Thank you all for your support through the journey especially Miriam T and Ojeola :)
ECAS Updated to DM and a notice:
We sent you a notice on March 9, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 23, 2016. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

finally there... Thanks folks!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Atif.Ayub said:
ECAS Updated to DM and a notice:
We sent you a notice on March 9, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 23, 2016. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

finally there... Thanks folks!
Congrats !!!, What a relief from the long torture....ah. ;D

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
stargazerlilly said:
On behalf of my son and I,we'd like to thank everyone who'd put their inputs,time, knowledge and guidance, that made this journey an easy-er and fulfilling one.

Today,on my Ecas,I've gotten our oath ceremony date! It will be on March 23 @9AM. Long wait is almost over.

Thanks again everyone!

PS I'd like to give a special shout out to Ojeola for you're patience and wisdom! Thank u! :D :D :D
Congratulation @stargazerlilly. Am so glad you finally made it to the finish line. It has been a great pleasure being part of the journey, wishing you all the best.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Atif.Ayub said:
I and my wife took the test yesterday in Mississauga. Test was a breeze. We read the Discover Canada book a couple of times and took a number of practice tests at www.citizenshipcounts.ca. we also looked at some flash cards on the same site.

The interview was detailed. The officer went through our passports and asked us general questions about work and travel. Also looked at the exit and entry stamps on our passports.

We are looking forward to the Oath Taking Ceremony invitation.

While it aint over, we are almost there...Thank you all for your support through the journey especially Miriam T and Ojeola :)
Congratulation.

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Congratulation @stargazerlilly. Am so glad you finally made it to the finish line. It has been a great pleasure being part of the journey, wishing you all the best.
Thanks again Ojeola!

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
It was been too long my application stayed in process so i decided to order ATIP/GCMS notes. They arrived couple days back saying my application moved to st. Clair from mississauga due to heave workload. And in the location it says test ready. I called the cic they said the test is not scheduled yet. Has any mississauga applicant faced such issue?

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test was ok last week, interview was also fine with very normal questions on entry/exit dates and general questions about work to test language skills.
The test was detailed I would say, I did spend a fair amount of time on prep work but still found couple of qns confusing.
My oath is scheduled to be on 31 Mar.

Gud luck for all those who are waiting.

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Just thought I would update. We got the test request in mid Feb, and now have a DM with the Oath date set for this Thursday (March 17th). It appears as though our Toronto application went through the Scarborough office.

Yeah for almost being done with this process. We were suppose to fly out west on the morning of the 17th (go figure - what are the chances). We decided we would be better off attending the oath and rearranged our flights for later in the day. We'll be glad to have this process finalized

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
A quick question for all. How did you all got notified for test? Was it by mail, email or status update on ecas?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
A quick question for all. How did you all got notified for test? Was it by mail, email or status update on ecas?
Normally you get the Citizenship Test invite by mail. I never heard if anybody ever received it by email.

Keep an eye on your mail box as well, check your eCase which may or may not be updated immediately. Its good to track both.

Which is your local CIC Office ?, if its Scarborough, unfortunately its terribly slow.

Wish you all the best.

DAEMON SALVATORE

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 11, 2011
AOR Received.
January 16, 2012
Passport Req..
June 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 5th 2012
LANDED..........
July 13th 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Normally you get the Citizenship Test invite by mail. I never heard if anybody ever received it by email.

Keep an eye on your mail box as well, check your eCase which may or may not be updated immediately. Its good to track both.

Which is your local CIC Office ?, if its Scarborough, unfortunately its terribly slow.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks for the information. My cic office was Mississauga until i found through gcms/atip notes that it got changed to St. Clair due to heavy workload

mahdiaryafar

Star Member
Aug 14, 2012
Iran
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 05, 2015
AOR Received.
August 06, 2015
Hi everyone,

I had my test yesterday and I passed. My interview was about 3 minutes long. she just asked what I do and checked my PR card, Landing, Passport and driving license. Office was in Toronto

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
DAEMON SALVATORE said:
Thanks for the information. My cic office was Mississauga until i found through gcms/atip notes that it got changed to St. Clair due to heavy workload
Probably, now St.Claire office is been used as back office and regional processing center. Till recently, it was conducting test besides processing of all non-routine applications.

Once processing of an application is completed its returned to candidate's local office for scheduling Citizenship Test and Citizenship Oath Ceremony. Try to get ATIP report to monitor the progress of your application.

VEN_Mavo

Jul 17, 2015
Yesterday I found our Oath invitations in my mailbox! This journey finally comes to an end, and I would like to take a moment just to say thanks to every single person who shared thoughts and concerns in this discussion board, always with the best intentions and willingness to help. In particular, I would like to thank Ojeola for all the support and commitment to this community!

All the best for everyone!

My Timeline:

APP RCVD: 09-JUN-2015
AOR: 05-AUG-2015
IP: 08-SEP-2015
TEST: 03-MAR-2016
OATH: 29-MAR-2016