Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kam2009 said:
Hey everyone, I have my test tmrw and I was wondering if you guys have any tips. I read Discover Canada and I've also been doing practice questions from a few different websites, I always pass but sometimes I forget some of the dates and names of people... there's just so much. thank you... Here's my timeline

Application Received: June 18
In Process: September 22
Test: January 19

Mississauga Office
If you have read Discover Canada few times, it will prepare you well. Besides there are lot of self-testing tools available on google.

Its good to do a lot of practice and stress the areas which you think need more focus. Trust me, its very easy and you do it good.

BTW - here is another popular site in case if you have missed it.

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

kam2009

Jan 18, 2016
Canadiandesi2006 said:
If you have read Discover Canada few times, it will prepare you well. Besides there are lot of self-testing tools available on google.

Its good to do a lot of practice and stress the areas which you think need more focus. Trust me, its very easy and you do it good.

BTW - here is another popular site in case if you have missed it.
Thank you and I am using that site to practice right now :)

1 more question - In terms of original docs that I need to take... I'm taking my passport, pr card, landing paper, driver's license, health card, proof of language. Is there anything else that I need to take?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kam2009 said:
Thank you and I am using that site to practice right now :)

1 more question - In terms of original docs that I need to take... I'm taking my passport, pr card, landing paper, driver's license, health card, proof of language. Is there anything else that I need to take?
I think you are good to take all above listed Original documents, (Current and previous passports) just make sure you have everything as per your Test invitation list.

If you read the Discover Canada and practice few times from the provided site, it will prepare you well. Try the self test, few times till you score 100% to make you comfortable.

Wish you all the best.

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frndz, Congrats to all those who have got DM or test/oath notifications.
My application (from Toronto) was received at CIC by Jun 03 and eCAS shows started processing on Sep 17, but i've no status update after that.
I'm noticing many Toronto applicants whose applications were received after this date have received updates.
I'm starting to get worried. Should I be?

kam2009

Jan 18, 2016
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I think you are good to take all above listed Original documents, (Current and previous passports) just make sure you have everything as per your Test invitation list.

If you read the Discover Canada and practice few times from the provided site, it will prepare you well. Try the self test, few times till you score 100% to make you comfortable.

Wish you all the best.
Thank you! I'll let you know how it goes

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
CanCanCit said:
Frndz, Congrats to all those who have got DM or test/oath notifications.
My application (from Toronto) was received at CIC by Jun 03 and eCAS shows started processing on Sep 17, but i've no status update after that.
I'm noticing many Toronto applicants whose applications were received after this date have received updates.
I'm starting to get worried. Should I be?
If you have required number of minimum required days for eligibility, there is nothing to worry. However, if you have excess overseas travel, may be CIC require some clarification.

Other than that, you dont need to worry. The CIC offices in Ontario are still basking in past glory of Conservative Government days....

Have you tried the following lately ?

1) Call your area MP's office, they normally get response in 2 weeks
2) Call the Call Center Agents
3) Most Importantly - get your ATIP immediately, if there are some concerns, you would know and take necessary action.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
If you have required number of minimum required days for eligibility, there is nothing to worry. However, if you have excess overseas travel, may be CIC require some clarification.

Other than that, you dont need to worry. The CIC offices in Ontario are still basking in past glory of Conservative Government days....

3) Most Importantly - get your ATIP immediately, if there are some concerns, you would know and take necessary action.
Thanks, @Canadiandesi2006. Great and a well-detailed contribution.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
GOOD NEWS!!

Oath letter received for January 26th. It took about 6-7months in total, It been a great privilege being part of this forum from "Study Permit - Work Permit - PR - Citizenship". I will still be around to answer ANY questions or offer my suggestions.

Good luck to Everyone.

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
GOOD NEWS!!

Oath letter received for January 26th. It took about 6-7months in total, It been a great privilege being part of this forum from "Study Permit - Work Permit - PR - Citizenship". I will still be around to answer ANY questions or offer my suggestions.

Good luck to Everyone.
Awesome, congrats!

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:

Thanks for the info! I'll order ATIP soon.

shinigami6231

Jul 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Ojeola said:
GOOD NEWS!!

Good luck to Everyone.
Nice! Congratulations!

VanKan

Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
GOOD NEWS!!

Good luck to Everyone.
Congratulations.
That was quick after the test isn't it? 12th to 26th (14 days?).

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
Ojeola said:
GOOD NEWS!!

Good luck to Everyone.
Congratulations Ojeola :)
That was fast you just wrote your test wow
We will be canadian citizens on the same day.
Wish you all the best.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finally, the wait is over yay.. received letter for oath invite today, dated on January 16 and oath on February 5 @10am .... finally wohoooo

my timeline:
sent - june 08
received - june 10
AoR - Aug 15
In process - Aug 31
Test - Sept 23
DM - when I checked somewher 2nd week of Oct
Oath - February 5