Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Its my personal opinion, how about you request the landlords to write on a paper stating that the following numbers were living in his / her basement from date......to

Secondly, you may have one of the following......

1) Provincial Health Card (Request the Ministry of health to send you, your records to submit for citizenship (They normally sends that)
2) Driving License (Request - Abstract from Department of Vehicle)
3) CRA (Record of your previous years taxes) or Request this from CRA, they send it for last 7 years
4) Cell phone bills (Request the phone number to send you statements, they charge some money
5) Canada Border Security Agency - Request travel history records

I guess above will serve strong proof to establish you physically lived in the country.

Hope that helps....
thank you
yes i have requested a letter stating that i lived here.
i can ask phone bill too.
but i just need the letter for where i stayed in basement and i paid cash.
i dont have any receipts for that..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kuljit said:
thank you
yes i have requested a letter stating that i lived here.
i can ask phone bill too.
but i just need the letter for where i stayed in basement and i paid cash.
i dont have any receipts for that..
First of all, did you get a RQ to submit all the documents ? Or you just want to submit this along with your application form.

If you have to established your residence, you might attached copies of letters such as Federal, Provincial or another sources those have your address and dates.

Another possible way, you may ask Canada Post Office from your area if they have someway to issue a certificate that your letters were delivered to address (May be they maintain a record of address of area, not sure though).

Request you landlord to issue a letter for Citizenship purposes with name, address and contact number, stating the following person (s) were living from to dates. In case if someone wants to verify that you indeed lived there, the landlord can confirm.

Reassure your landlord its Nothing to do with CRA or taxes, or else that individual might be scared to issue.

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
First of all, did you get a RQ to submit all the documents ? Or you just want to submit this along with your application form.

If you have to established your residence, you might attached copies of letters such as Federal, Provincial or another sources those have your address and dates.

Another possible way, you may ask Canada Post Office from your area if they have someway to issue a certificate that your letters were delivered to address (May be they maintain a record of address of area, not sure though).

Request you landlord to issue a letter for Citizenship purposes with name, address and contact number, stating the following person (s) were living from to dates. In case if someone wants to verify that you indeed lived there, the landlord can confirm.

Reassure your landlord its Nothing to do with CRA or taxes, or else that individual might be scared to issue.
thank you
Ya i am going to ask letter from landlord which might help.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
shinigami6231 said:
Congratulations Ojeola!

I just received an update on my e-CAS, informing me that CIC already sent a notice to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29. Anybody here from Winnipeg taking the exam on the same day?
Congratulations on your test invitation. Am also from Winnipeg and I did my test last week. Make sure to read t book back to back. All the best

kool1

Nov 16, 2011
zungim said:
Me too, please update me once you receive the invite, I will let you know too
Ecas was updated today. As per ecas, oath ceromany invite letter was sent on Jan 14th to appear on Jan 28th.

shinigami6231

Jul 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
kool1 said:
Ecas was updated today. As per ecas, oath ceromany invite letter was sent on Jan 14th to appear on Jan 28th.
Congrats! :)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kool1 said:
where is your loval office? because in Vancouver they never update ecas its just up to decision made... then just wait for your letter by mail for your oath invite:.

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
Checked ecas today, and status was updated to Decision Made.
Hopefully it won't take 5 months to receive invitation for oath as I
Am planning to travel. Any thought Ojeola? Congrats, our
journey is almost over. Am praying that there won't be any unforseen
problem that will prevent us from getting our oath invite.

All the best to June applicants!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kool1 said:
Congrats !!!

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
kool1 said:
Thanks for the update, just checked my status, also my oath is scheduled for the 28th.

zungim

Jun 6, 2015
leycute said:
where is your loval office? because in Vancouver they never update ecas its just up to decision made... then just wait for your letter by mail for your oath invite:.
Windsor-Ontario

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dexter1975 said:
Checked ecas today, and status was updated to Decision Made.
Hopefully it won't take 5 months to receive invitation for oath as I
Am planning to travel. Any thought Ojeola? Congrats, our
journey is almost over. Am praying that there won't be any unforseen
problem that will prevent us from getting our oath invite.

All the best to June applicants!
Thanks for your wishes @Dexter. Depending on how your interview went with CIC you should be receiving your Oath in a maximum timeline of about 1-2 months although the workload on you CIC office will also be put into consideration.

kam2009

Jan 18, 2016
Hey everyone, I have my test tmrw and I was wondering if you guys have any tips. I read Discover Canada and I've also been doing practice questions from a few different websites, I always pass but sometimes I forget some of the dates and names of people... there's just so much. thank you... Here's my timeline

Application Received: June 18
In Process: September 22
Test: January 19

Mississauga Office