+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Alias said:
Hi Friends,

I am a June applicant. I will taking few weeks off in Feb and will be going out of Canada. Some of you have informed CIC of your upcoming vacation. My ecas status is 'In Process' and I have applied from Mississauga.

To which CIC address should I send the letter informing about my vacation. I am not sure where to send it.

thanks,
I just called them and they put a note on my file. Application status changed to Decision Made during my trip and no correspondence was sent to my address.

Hope this helps.

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I agree, its long time since your "Decision Made" date. Normally its take few weeks after that stage. Possibly its matter of scheduling especially with so many cases been approved it might be causing Oath scheduling nightmares.

Wish you all the best, you might be getting it in a week or so.... ;D
I hope so too I can get invite for Oath soon.. thank you for the warm wishes..

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
LostinCalgary said:
I just called them and they put a note on my file. Application status changed to Decision Made during my trip and no correspondence was sent to my address.

Hope this helps.
Unfortunately one ought to be extra careful when dealing with the CIC. There were many instances where two agents provided entirely different answers for the same case on the same day. That can make anybody very uncomfortable.

As a precaution, you call the CIC again after a week and convey your plan to travel. If the agent confirm its already on the record you are rest assured its been taken care. Sadly we are dealing with the most dis-organized and chaotic agency in Canada.

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
Ojeola said:
Based on the operational manual, after the oath, they do crosscheck some few information with CBSA once that is done your application will be place in line for oath invitation depending on you Visa office's work rate. *Based on my knowledge and that of the CIC operational manual*
Hi Ojeola,

Where can i find the CIC operational manual ? Can you send me a link..

THnks!

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
Emily12345 said:
Hi,all
i am so sad today.
I have the whole application returned and the reason is
The passport(s) or Travle document provided do not cover the 6 year period preceding the date of your application.

I m a refugee,my old passport was seized when I came to canada.

But when i filled up my application on June 3.it only request as:
Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents. If these documents are no longer in your possession, provide an
explanation letter and see section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.

I am having the new passport from the embassy 2013 June.so i just submit this one to them.

I do feel sad.which means i can't go back see my dying grandma.

But i don't know what can i do.the returned document means i m not eligible for 4/6.

I feel so frustrated.anything i can do?

[I am really sorry to hear that too. i am also a refugee and didnt include that information in my application. Do you remember how fare your application got. My status currently says in process. I sent it June 10 and it started processing september 16. I feel like i should be bracing myself and expect a similar outcome to yours too ::(]

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
After reading this i'm not very optimistic about my application.

Here is my time line:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 10, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 14, 2015.

However, Ive seen some comments about returned/denied applications because the applicant didn't provide original document at point of entry. i came as a refugee and didn't have any documents inmy possession. I never saw that in the forms. Was supposed to? I'm freaking out

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
sheydogo said:
After reading this i'm not very optimistic about my application.

Here is my time line:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 10, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on September 14, 2015.

However, Ive seen some comments about returned/denied applications because the applicant didn't provide original document at point of entry. i came as a refugee and didn't have any documents inmy possession. I never saw that in the forms. Was supposed to? I'm freaking out
Your application status said "In process" right? That means that your application has been accepted and it currently being processed. They would have sent back your application long ago suppose they have any concern about it.

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
My friend who applied for citizenship last april, also from Winnipeg,
has just received her letter of oath invitation for Feb. she applied
April and had her test Sept 2.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
I'm counting my days now.

Also Ojeola can you update the spread sheet for me please.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
YYZINR said:
Hi Ojeola,

Where can i find the CIC operational manual ? Can you send me a link..

THnks!
Below is the link to CIC operation manuals for all their visa categories.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
I'm counting my days now.

Also Ojeola can you update the spread sheet for me please.
Congratulations just saw that the timeline has been updated. I will be taking my test same day you taking your oath

sheydogo

Jan 7, 2016
Ojeola said:
Your application status said "In process" right? That means that your application has been accepted and it currently being processed. They would have sent back your application long ago suppose they have any concern about it.

[That's a relief. Thank you Ojeola]

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
sheydogo said:
Ojeola said:

[That's a relief. Thank you Ojeola]
Yes this is right, your application will not be returned at this point. Worse case scenario they ask you for some more documents or something like that, but they will not return it. Good luck.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I'd like to let you know that my oath has been schedule for January 26.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
MiriamT said:
I'd like to let you know that my oath has been schedule for January 26.
Congrats Miriam :)