+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

jimmydixit

Sep 13, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
I personally think its NOT a big deal, the individual has all the documents with name to prove about the gender.

Probably even at the time of Oath, the staff might not notice this minor mistake. At the most they might laugh it off.

Thanks for advice but i think they put gender details in citizenship certificate..i want to make sure they don't put based on form instead of looking at PR/LICENCE/PASSPORT

mani_01

Aug 15, 2015
hi guys ,
best of luck to calgarian who are going to appear test on 19 nov ,2015 .pls share the experience.
regards!
manish

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Hi Everyone,

In case anyone of you ordered for the ATIP report and need some help understanding the techniques and illustration from the report, below is a well-detailed analysis of a sample report that might help in reading your ATIP report.

https://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

Goodluck.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Ojeola said:
Hi Everyone,

In case anyone of you ordered for the ATIP report and need some help understanding the techniques and illustration from the report, below is a well-detailed analysis of a sample report that might help in reading your ATIP report.

https://www.gcmsnotes.com/Sample_GCMS_File.pdf

Good luck.
Great Job my friend !!! You are more helpful than the CIC, appreciate your thoughtfulness and helping we all applicants .

Yes, every now and then lot of candidates wants to know how to interpret the ATIP report. Indeed, its great help.

Cheers !!! ;D ;D ;D

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
My test and interview in Calgary this morning went very good :). Interviewer said I should expect the oath letter in 1 to 3 months from now. She was very detailed at checking my passport as she said I had applied with the minimum days. No concerns were raised at all after.

I have a question, are people still getting RQ days after the test nowadays? Or are you good if you clear the interview without getting one right there?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
LostinCalgary said:
My test and interview in Calgary this morning went very good :). Interviewer said I should expect the oath letter in 1 to 3 months from now. She was very detailed at checking my passport as she said I had applied with the minimum days. No concerns were raised at all after.

I have a question, are people still getting RQ days after the test nowadays? Or are you good if you clear the interview without getting one right there?

Thanks in advance for your input.
How many days short you were when you applied. There are many instances RQ were sent even after passing the test.

Dont want to scare you, I was'nt lucky enough. After 3.5 years of processing, submitting RQ and passing the test, my case was assigned to Citizenship judge. Judge flouted CIC's rule that says, strong ties to country, paying taxes and family residence to be considered.

Judge refused to review any of documents that justify my less than 2 months shortage. He forced me to voluntary "Withdraw" and re-apply. Had I not withdrawn, he would have rejected it anyways.....you may consider taking legal help as a precaution.

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
How many days short you were when you applied. There are many instances RQ were sent even after passing the test.
I wasn't short any days, like I said in my post, I applied with the bare minimum (1096 days).

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did the test and interview today morning with spouse. Passed the test. Nothing more to add for the preparations other that what rest of the members have said before: "Read the Discover Canada Guide". Its interesting, fun and has lot of pictures ;D. Practicing some online questions does build your confidence but reading the guide more than once if possible will be very helpful.

Couple interesting points:
1. Our timing was 9:00am and there were some candidates from the 8:00am exam for this one too. It may be dependent on the examiners and how busy it is. But if you are late for some serious reason, do punish yourself. I think a polite request to the examiners should allow you to appear for the next exam on the same day.

2. The examiner in the test hall told us that we will get the oath date in one to three months after the interview however the person who took the interview said we may hear the next update within three months. I dont know what it means but may have had similar experience (different ways of different people saying the same thing).

Anyways, good luck to ones now waiting for your tests and oaths. One step closer....

kkmmaa

Jul 16, 2012
applicant361 said:
Are there any ottawa applicants among you who have not gotten tests yet?? KKMMAA are you active?
I did sit for the test along with my wife on 18-nov-2015. We did pass the exam successfully and Discover Canada book is the answer to all the questions. The interview was actually checking of the documents PR, health card, current and expired passport. The officer told us that we will hear back from them within 4/6-8 weeks by mail.

Test invitation was dated 2nd nov and we received it by 4th nov.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
LostinCalgary said:
I wasn't short any days, like I said in my post, I applied with the bare minimum (1096 days).
If you have the required minimum physical days of presence there is nothing to worry at all.

Mostly, RQ is sent only if the CIC wants to verify if the candidates actually has the total number of physical days required or has history of heavy overseas travel.

Wish you all the best.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
forberta said:
Did the test and interview today morning with spouse. Passed the test. Nothing more to add for the preparations other that what rest of the members have said before: "Read the Discover Canada Guide". Its interesting, fun and has lot of pictures ;D. Practicing some online questions does build your confidence but reading the guide more than once if possible will be very helpful.

Couple interesting points:
1. Our timing was 9:00am and there were some candidates from the 8:00am exam for this one too. It may be dependent on the examiners and how busy it is. But if you are late for some serious reason, do punish yourself. I think a polite request to the examiners should allow you to appear for the next exam on the same day.

2. The examiner in the test hall told us that we will get the oath date in one to three months after the interview however the person who took the interview said we may hear the next update within three months. I dont know what it means but may have had similar experience (different ways of different people saying the same thing).

Anyways, good luck to ones now waiting for your tests and oaths. One step closer....
Congratulations.

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
kkmmaa said:
I did sit for the test along with my wife on 18-nov-2015. We did pass the exam successfully and Discover Canada book is the answer to all the questions. The interview was actually checking of the documents PR, health card, current and expired passport. The officer told us that we will hear back from them within 4/6-8 weeks by mail.

Test invitation was dated 2nd nov and we received it by 4th nov.
thanks for sharing i was looking at the spreadsheet and I thought you had not gotten a test invitation. good luck, we are the only ones left :-(

Savak

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Had my Citizenship test today. Cleared it with flying colors. 20/20 in 5 minutes. Definitely over prepared.

The officers were like the oath invitation can take any where between 1-3 months.

yycgirl

Aug 24, 2015
My husband and I took the test this morning in Calgary. We both passed! Interviewer just checked our passports and asked us if we were still working in the same job/place. Told us to expect oath taking in 1-3 months.