+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Atif.Ayub said:
I am in the same boat. Planning to travel during the Holiday season. I have been advised here by senior members, either not to travel unless absolutely necessary or to inform CIC in writing.
Thanks for the note friend.
I'm planning to travel as a family and we already have made too many plans to skip it.
I would prefer to look in to the other option of contacting CIC. I'll try to look more in to this, but if you had an opportunity to do some research to see if CIC might take that in to consideration/acknowledge and postpone the date? There seems to be other option that CIC might schedule another test date once (2-3 months later than the actual test date if missed) which seems to be a worst case. If possible, taking some preventive measures seems more viable option. :)

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanCanCit said:
Thanks for the note friend.
I'm planning to travel as a family and we already have made too many plans to skip it.
I would prefer to look in to the other option of contacting CIC. I'll try to look more in to this, but if you had an opportunity to do some research to see if CIC might take that in to consideration/acknowledge and postpone the date? There seems to be other option that CIC might schedule another test date once (2-3 months later than the actual test date if missed) which seems to be a worst case. If possible, taking some preventive measures seems more viable option. :)
I had a test date scheduled for 16th September but I was away on holiday so had to miss it (honestly never crossed my mind that I'd get a test just over 3 months after application). I phoned CIC and they put a note on my file, and told me to write to the CIC office that had invited me to the test (which I did). Haven't heard anything since, either through mail or updates to ecas. I'll give it until the end of October then follow up if I haven't heard anything.

shinigami6231

Jul 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Finally, my e-cas status changed from "Received" to "In Process". ;D

fourkey2001

Star Member
Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-12-2013
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 17 2013
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
Dec 2, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
kannadiga said:
Congratulations on passing the test!!!

Do they inform the results immediately?

Yes immediately.

What do they ask in the oral interview? Do they ask for photocopies of the original documents other than validating the original documents?
Just asked me about where I work, what I do... thats it. Checked my drivers license and PR card only.

fourkey2001

Star Member
Jan 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-12-2013
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 17 2013
IELTS Request
submitted
Med's Request
Dec 2, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Status changed to Decision Made. I passed my test last week. There is a oath ceremony coming up next week, I am hopeful I get an invitation!!

shinigami6231

Jul 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
fourkey2001 said:
Status changed to Decision Made. I passed my test last week. There is a oath ceremony coming up next week, I am hopeful I get an invitation!!
Congratulations!

neonblue

May 7, 2015
Hi guys,

I applied for citizenship with IDs that had my previous address. Now that I am anticipating the test and interview, is it necessary to go to the ICBC office and update my IDs with current address?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
neonblue said:
Hi guys,

I applied for citizenship with IDs that had my previous address. Now that I am anticipating the test and interview, is it necessary to go to the ICBC office and update my IDs with current address?
Yes, nothing to do with CIC but because you're required to change it with ICBC, HealthBC, etc. However, if there's a discrepancy in addresses (e.g. your e-CAS shows your new one but your IDs don't match it), CIC may get suspicious and inquire on that.

I applied for citizenship with an address, and in September moved to another address. I updated it with all the necessary organizations and also CIC (via e-CAS). No problems at all at the interview.

VEN_Mavo

Jul 17, 2015
Congratulations everyone! I'm glad to see the entire group moving through the Citizenship process!

On a "not so happy" note, the tracker is messed up again. I can't even find my row, and this is happening because some users (blame the lack of tech experience) are applying filters and sorting rows to check times of specific cities and / or status. The tracker is a collective mosaic of our experiences in this process and has helped more than one person to cope with anxiety and stress. How can we fix this and more important, to prevent it from happening again?

neonblue

May 7, 2015
MiriamT said:
Yes, nothing to do with CIC but because you're required to change it with ICBC, HealthBC, etc. However, if there's a discrepancy in addresses (e.g. your e-CAS shows your new one but your IDs don't match it), CIC may get suspicious and inquire on that.

I applied for citizenship with an address, and in September moved to another address. I updated it with all the necessary organizations and also CIC (via e-CAS). No problems at all at the interview.
Oh no I applied with IDs that had my old address when I am already at the new one, I assumed that the issuing date would change if I update the address. Since CIC already has my not updated IDs on file, is it ok that I present them with new ones during interview?

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
VEN_Mavo said:
Congratulations everyone! I'm glad to see the entire group moving through the Citizenship process!

On a "not so happy" note, the tracker is messed up again. I can't even find my row, and this is happening because some users (blame the lack of tech experience) are applying filters and sorting rows to check times of specific cities and / or status. The tracker is a collective mosaic of our experiences in this process and has helped more than one person to cope with anxiety and stress. How can we fix this and more important, to prevent it from happening again?
Thanks for your post. I also do share the same perspective with you. The timeline is currently in a bad state and I recently tried emailing the "timeline" creator unfortunately I have not received any reply. It will be great if there is a form of restriction on it.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hey guys today, i had an ecas update; stating a postal mail was sent to appear for the citizenship test.

Now I got the acknowledgement letter through email. Most people on the forum told me that the notice to appear for test do come on email too.

I'm kind of confused.

Anybody in Toronto, got your test notice. When was it.

Also if I call CIC will they let me know the test date?

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
Hey guys today, i had an ecas update; stating a postal mail was sent to appear for the citizenship test.

Now I got the acknowledgement letter through email. Most people on the forum told me that the notice to appear for test do come on email too.

I'm kind of confused.

Anybody in Toronto, got your test notice. When was it.

Also if I call CIC will they let me know the test date?
Congratulations on having you invite. Recently most applicants have reported receiving test invitation through email while some through the regular mail. I think they switch over from the regular mail since the method is quite unreliable compared to email.

Was the acknowledgement you received AOR? That might be a system error since you have received the AOR long ago.

The test date supposes to be on the mail that CIC will send to you, however, you can probably check your ECAS if that was mentioned. Please note that call centre might not be able to provide you with real time update on your application.

All the Best.