Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Priya selvaraj said:
Hi Miriam

How was ur test ? Can u plz share the questions to get an idea
It is illegal to share the questions. I did, however, post what I believe one should do: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2015-applicants-for-citizenship-t277082.0.html;msg4638142#msg4638142

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverca said:
Citizenshipcounts.ca is a great website. try, ace the test with %100 X 10 times.
And I suggest you to read the Discover Canada booklet at least once. I did not read it and there were some questions was not on the website.

Interview is not something that you need to worry, she checked my dates, asked me simple things about my work and life in Vancouver. most likely it was a everyday conversation with someone you meet first time.
Thank you very much vancouverca for advice. I'm happy hear that the interview is just a normal conversation.
I started to read the book and to take the practice test at Citizenshipcounts.ca. Also, downloaded the audio book, which is pretty useful.

I herd that the pass mark is 80%. Is that correct?

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
75% - you have to get 16 out of 20 right :) which is easy to get believe me no one gets less that 18 :))

Nuwa said:
Thank you very much vancouverca for advice. I'm happy hear that the interview is just a normal conversation.
I started to read the book and to take the practice test at Citizenshipcounts.ca. Also, downloaded the audio book, which is pretty useful.

I herd that the pass mark is 80%. Is that correct?

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks m22ij :)
I'm still getting around 85% for practice tests at Citizenshipcounts.ca. I should practice more, as vancouverca suggested, until get %100 X 10 times.

m22ij said:
75% - you have to get 16 out of 20 right :) which is easy to get believe me no one gets less that 18 :))

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Nuwa said:
Thanks m22ij :)
I'm still getting around 85% for practice tests at Citizenshipcounts.ca. I should practice more, as vancouverca suggested, until get %100 X 10 times.
Yeah, also try to keep track of dates. It very important, although I will recommend reading the book twice and then proceed to do the online quiz. All the BEST.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Priya selvaraj said:
Hi Miriam

How was ur test ? Can u plz share the questions to get an idea
The citizenship test is not at all difficult but you need few hours of practice.With few hours of practice I scored 20/20 but then due to few days shortage, the judge advised me to withdraw and re-apply. As he ,was lazy did not want to check the doc's.

I believe every candidate in the test hall get different set of 20 randomly selected questions.

The online questions for Citizenship test from few different site would be very helpful.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ojeola said:
Yeah, also try to keep track of dates. It very important, although I will recommend reading the book twice and then proceed to do the online quiz. All the BEST.
Thanks Ojeola! Yes, doing the online quiz after reading the book could be more efficient than directly taking the quiz. However, the quiz indicates key points need to be remembered while reading.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
The citizenship test is not at all difficult but you need few hours of practice.With few hours of practice I scored 20/20 but then due to few days shortage, the judge advised me to withdraw and re-apply. As he ,was lazy did not want to check the doc's.

I believe every candidate in the test hall get different set of 20 randomly selected questions.

The online questions for Citizenship test from few different site would be very helpful.
I'm very sorry to hear that :(
They should have informed you before inviting to the test.

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
Hi Everyone in this forum Good morning from where I am. My ecas was updated with this sentence this mornig. "We started processing your application on September 15, 2015.". Can someone help me by updating my sheet so it reflects the correct colour as well. I can do it myself but i am afraid i might mess up the sheet. Thanks folks.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
zungim said:
What do you mean few days shortage, u applied with less than 1095 days?
My job required heavy domestic traveling. I hired Sol Gombeski / Ontario based attorney's professional services. Despite of providing my copies of passport, he miscalculated my physical days and submitted my application. I was penalized for his blunder.

Citizenship judge seems to be in such extreme rush, does not want to even hear me or look at tons of proof that establishes my strong ties to country (Per CIC, if one is short of few days, Judge can consider applicant's strong ties to country & grant)

Shockingly, the citizenship judge literally pleaded me to withdraw my application and re-apply. He gave me less than 5 minutes
after keeping me wait helplessly for nearly 4 years, as if we met at some busy traffic signals. ;D

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Someone has yet again decided to modify my information and remove the notes that I had written about my own application, so I just deleted all my information from the tracker instead and won't share my application details there anymore, I'm tired of correcting my line over and over again. This is pretty rude and uncalled for, and it's not the first time — whoever is doing this, please stop.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
MiriamT said:
Someone has yet again decided to modify my information and remove the notes that I had written about my own application, so I just deleted all my information from the tracker instead and won't share my application details there anymore, I'm tired of correcting my line over and over again. This is pretty rude and uncalled for, and it's not the first time — whoever is doing this, please stop.
Well it quite unfortunate that someone keeps messing around with the google tracker probably access restriction on the tracker might be a great idea.

Can't even remember who created the tracker to start with. I will try my best to fix it if possible.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Canadiandesi2006 said:
My job required heavy domestic traveling. I hired Sol Gombeski / Ontario based attorney's professional services. Despite of providing my copies of passport, he miscalculated my physical days and submitted my application. I was penalized for his blunder.

Citizenship judge seems to be in such extreme rush, does not want to even hear me or look at tons of proof that establishes my strong ties to country (Per CIC, if one is short of few days, Judge can consider applicant's strong ties to country & grant)

Shockingly, the citizenship judge literally pleaded me to withdraw my application and re-apply. He gave me less than 5 minutes
after keeping me wait helplessly for nearly 4 years, as if we met at some busy traffic signals. ;D
This is absolutely outrageous. Is there any recourse? I can relate to you...