+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

Hatcoco

Aug 25, 2010
Logged into my ECAS now and there is an update: 2. We started processing your application on August 28, 2015

App Sent 8 June 2015
App Received 10 June 2015
AOR 6 August 2015
In Process 28 August 2015

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Nuwa said:
Some resources for those who getting ready for the test: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZmsC4bp0t7TLDne6qmZy6cWqbhSRf0oSCkCTCavwI2s/edit#gid=69
Great Resources. Thanks for sharing..

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My family's application went into "In Process" on 26th August.

Am unable to update the tracker. Can the Admin update please?

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 9, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 5, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 26, 2015.

Please note the timeline in my signature is for my individual application. I had applied for my family separately in June 2015.

Hala k1

Jun 9, 2015
Hello,

I applied for citizenship on June 2015, as per the timeline below ( OTTAWA):

Application received : Jun 10, 2015
AOR : August 5, 2015
My ECAS still not activated yet!

BUT, I have received a call on Aug 28, 2015 from Unknown Number, actually it was from the officer who is working on my application in CIC :eek: :eek: :eek:

She was asking if I have any Canadian ID with my shortcut name ( as I have requested in my application to shortcut my full name (4 names) to first and last name only), then I told her I don't have any ID with first and last name. I asked her if she can just ignore my shortcut request and to process my application with my full name and she was so nice with me and agreed to do so. Unfortunately I couldn't even ask her any question regarding my application processing time as I was really surprised when she has introduced her self as CIC Officer :)

Did Anyone received such calls from CIC regarding the same issue?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Hala k1 said:
Hello,

I applied for citizenship on June 2015, as per the timeline below ( OTTAWA):

Application received : Jun 10, 2015
AOR : August 5, 2015
My ECAS still not activated yet!

BUT, I have received a call on Aug 28, 2015 from Unknown Number, actually it was from the officer who is working on my application in CIC :eek: :eek: :eek:

She was asking if I have any Canadian ID with my shortcut name ( as I have requested in my application to shortcut my full name (4 names) to first and last name only), then I told her I don't have any ID with first and last name. I asked her if she can just ignore my shortcut request and to process my application with my full name and she was so nice with me and agreed to do so. Unfortunately I couldn't even ask her any question regarding my application processing time as I was really surprised when she has introduced her self as CIC Officer :)

Did Anyone received such calls from CIC regarding the same issue?
Dear Readers,

May be in few cases where the CIC official calls the candidates to clarify some details.

CIC has warned about the telephone scam and how candidates are been conned. Exercise extreme caution when handling such calls, dont give them credit card details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-06-30.asp

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked ECAS today morning and it said that my application was in process on August 31st, 2015. Things seem to be moving. Best of luck to all who are waiting for their update.

I am unable to update the google tracker sheet. Something seems to be wrong or locked up. I will try again later today but could the owner/admin of the tracker sheet please check it.

Edit: I was able to update the tracker sheet now. It seems the sheet has been modified and order changed for some reason.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
forberta said:
Checked ECAS today morning and it said that my application was in process on August 31st, 2015. Things seem to be moving. Best of luck to all who are waiting for their update.

I am unable to update the google tracker sheet. Something seems to be wrong or locked up. I will try again later today but could the owner/admin of the tracker sheet please check it.

Edit: I was able to update the tracker sheet now. It seems the sheet has been modified and order changed for some reason.
Congratulations on having your application to "In Process". Yeah, i do agree with you that the google sheet has been modified by someone. I just cross check some of the details and it seems that some May applicant's timeline has been added.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dear Readers,

May be in few cases where the CIC official calls the candidates to clarify some details.

CIC has warned about the telephone scam and how candidates are been conned. Exercise extreme caution when handling such calls, dont give them credit card details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-06-30.asp

Wahoo, thanks for the heads up. Am surprised that people are now using such means for fraudulent activities.

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
I had this information on my e-cas. We sent you acknowledgement of receipt on 31 july 2015. I Logged into my ECAS now and there hasnt been any update since july 31. Can someone help me what to do next?

Mount212

Jul 31, 2015
Ojeola the link you have provided is for Client Application Status Application for Permanent Residence In Canada. I have applied for Citizenship and it still doesnt show anything only it shows we have sent AOR on 31 july. I called CIC and the agent told me we cant give u any information as it is less than 12 months.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Mount212 said:
Ojeola the link you have provided is for Client Application Status Application for Permanent Residence In Canada. I have applied for Citizenship and it still doesnt show anything only it shows we have sent AOR on 31 july. I called CIC and the agent told me we cant give u any information as it is less than 12 months.
Oh, Sorry for the mix-up. That was an error on my part. Yeah CIC call centre will henceforth not provide any meaningful information to the applicant over the phone. It seems you file might still be in Sydney the only option for now is that you WAIT.

Included is the NEW link https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Mount212 said:
I had this information on my e-cas. We sent you acknowledgement of receipt on 31 july 2015. I Logged into my ECAS now and there hasnt been any update since july 31. Can someone help me what to do next?
Your ECAS is your main gateway to see what is going on with your application. You cannot do anything more at this stage but wait, the next step is for your file to be marked as 'In Process' which essentially means the Sydney office has picked up your file identified your closest CIC local office and started your criminality and background checks following which a fourth line is added of file transfer to local office. These updates will be seen on your ECAS when they happen.

You can always order an ATIP but at this stage it will not provide any meaningful information for you and it 30 days to get an ATIP report. So again in summary at this stage you cannot do anything more but wait maybe check ECAS once every two weeks and go on and enjoy changing of seasons.

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most (if not all) applicants seem to have gone directly from "In Process" to "Test Date". Does it make sense to change to column from "LOT to Test" to "IP to Test". If yes, can the Owner or admin of the tracker sheet do it please. Thanks.

Ojeola said:
Congratulations on having your application to "In Process". Yeah, i do agree with you that the google sheet has been modified by someone. I just cross check some of the details and it seems that some May applicant's timeline has been added.

CanCanCit

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MiriamT said:
I've downloaded the Discover Canada audiobook since I was having a hard time concentrating when reading the book, and started to practice using CIC's "How Canadian are You, eh?" app (before I was using every now and then the one by Richmond Library but there are many irrelevant questions which are not asked in the exam). I've consistently scored 18 and 19 out of 20, but now I started getting 20 out of 20. :D
Good luck to you. Miriam. In just few more days, ah?!