Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Ojeola said:
NO, The PR ECAS is no longer active anymore. It only the citizenship aspect that will always be updated. Once you citizenship status changed from
"Received" to "In Process" that means all the checks are ongoing.

Yes, I second the suggestion of other reader earlier today about need to have tracking sheet for applications for application under new rules.

I thank and appreciate Ojeola for creating "Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application". Its very helpful, detailed one, Great Job !!!

Can I please request you to create a similar sheet, name it "Citizenship Application under new rules 4/6 years" for all applicants and it need not be month wise.

Once again, thanks for creating such wonderful tracking tool.

mybarca10

Jul 20, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I just received my AOR. I have a general question. Does this mean i no longer will get RQ?

Thank you and best wishes for everyone.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
mybarca10 said:
Hi Everyone,

I just received my AOR. I have a general question. Does this mean i no longer will get RQ?

Thank you and best wishes for everyone.
NO, RQ can always be issued to applicant at any stages within the process the application. RQ is issued on case by case basis especially if you do have some discrepancies on your application.

ctspeight

Dec 5, 2011
I received my AOR today! Application received on June 8th, I was getting a little worried I would find a big brown envelope in my letterbox!

Does anyone know if they would have already verified my residency days by now or is this the next stage? I had over 30 trips on my residency calculator and counted days before I received my PR when I was in Canada on vacation so obviously I will be relieved when that review part is over.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
ctspeight said:
I received my AOR today! Application received on June 8th, I was getting a little worried I would find a big brown envelope in my letterbox!

Does anyone know if they would have already verified my residency days by now or is this the next stage? I had over 30 trips on my residency calculator and counted days before I received my PR when I was in Canada on vacation so obviously I will be relieved when that review part is over.
At this point, they only checked to see if everything is in there. Further checks will be done down the road.

Emily12345

Aug 9, 2015
Hi,all
i am so sad today.
I have the whole application returned and the reason is
The passport(s) or Travle document provided do not cover the 6 year period preceding the date of your application.

I m a refugee,my old passport was seized when I came to canada.

But when i filled up my application on June 3.it only request as:
Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents. If these documents are no longer in your possession, provide an
explanation letter and see section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.

I am having the new passport from the embassy 2013 June.so i just submit this one to them.

I do feel sad.which means i can't go back see my dying grandma.

But i don't know what can i do.the returned document means i m not eligible for 4/6.

I feel so frustrated.anything i can do?

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Emily12345 said:
Hi,all
i am so sad today.
The passport(s) or Travle document provided do not cover the 6 year period preceding the date of your application.

Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents. If these documents are no longer in your possession, provide an
explanation letter and see section "Step 1. Gather Documents" in the instruction guide.

I am having the new passport from the embassy 2013 June.so i just submit this one to them.
Did you provide them with a letter explaining why in your application there's no passport or travel document prior to June 2013 included? You had to cover the entire period of 4 years prior to the application under the old rules, if you only covered from June 2013 onwards that isn't enough and you needed to provide an explanation why.

Emily12345 said:

But i don't know what can i do.the returned document means i m not eligible for 4/6.

Now you have to wait until you're eligible to apply again.

With you being a refugee, I'd recommend to tread carefully before returning to the country you sought protection from. You may end up losing your PR status in Canada.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emily12345 said:
Hi,all
i am so sad today.

You should call them, ask to talk to a supervisor! Tell them that you applied under the old rule & at that time only the biographical page of the passport was required.

Emily12345

Aug 9, 2015
TomTony said:
You should call them, ask to talk to a supervisor! Tell them that you applied under the old rule & at that time only the biographical page of the passport was required.
I did call them,but the cic call Center said nothing they can do.:(

Emily12345

Aug 9, 2015
MiriamT said:
Did you provide them with a letter explaining why in your application there's no passport or travel document prior to June 2013 included? You had to cover the entire period of 4 years prior to the application under the old rules, if you only covered from June 2013 onwards that isn't enough and you needed to provide an explanation why.

Now you have to wait until you're eligible to apply again.

With you being a refugee, I'd recommend to tread carefully before returning to the country you sought protection from. You may end up losing your PR status in Canada.
Thanks for your reply.but the check list doesn't require the 6 years covered and explanation letter at all.for the new law,it requires 5 years.

Do you think if i seek help from Lawer can make it better?
So frustrated.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Emily12345 said:
Thanks for your reply.but the check list doesn't require the 6 years covered and explanation letter at all.for the new law,it requires 5 years.

Do you think if i seek help from Lawer can make it better?
So frustrated.
Please read carefully my previous response.

If you didn't cover the 4 years prior to the application under the old rules (the current letter stating 6 years is generic and automatic, updated to reflect the changes), you had to explain why. Mine too had a gap of some months, so I attached a letter explaining why.

If you didn't send them an explanation and instead simply sent an incomplete application, it'll be a waste of time and money to pay a lawyer now that you are no longer eligible to send another application which will be returned due to the fact that you aren't eligible anymore.

dexter1975

May 17, 2015
Received my AOR via email tonight, 8:26 pm. Thank you Lord! Was so nervous when i
clicked the email, my chest was pounding so fast. Now, have to start reading Discover Canada
Book, it is too early, but better prepare early than be sorry. I am so relieved now, whew! I hope
the rest of the June applicants receive theirs too!

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
My wife has just received her AOR..we were so nervous because her application was received on June 10, so any missing document means waiting for another 2 years or so.
Good luck to all June applicants..and our thoughts with those who had no luck and had their application returned for any reason.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
I was quite happy to see today that my status had changed, and it went to 'In Process'.

"3. We started processing your application on August 10, 2015."

:D

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still waiting!! and getting a little worried that I may find a big brown envelope in my letterbox soon :( :(
My application was received on June 9.