+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking June 2015 Citizenship Application - Please Share your Timeline

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was recvd today at 2pm signed by Dan. I applied with 1101 days. This is going to be a looong wait :( :(

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
I am applying tommorow and the my days will be 1096 days. Just in time, heard the changes in citizenship bill will pass on thursday? True?

ofvgard

Star Member
May 6, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-then CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/4/2012
AOR Received.
10/8/2012
IELTS Request
sent with Application
Med's Request
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
25/10/2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
10/12/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/12/2012
LANDED..........
13/01/13
LostinCalgary said:
Thank you for replying. My application will be delivered by 5:00pm. I hope FedEx delivers it earlier, but now I'll call them and see what they say/can do.
We are on the same boat. I looked up hours of a few centers, they all seem to close at 4. I called Fedex about this, said there is nothing they can do. 5pm is the latest so im hoping it will get there before that.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
missha said:
I am applying tommorow and the my days will be 1096 days. Just in time, heard the changes in citizenship bill will pass on thursday? True?
Are you applying tomorrow? Then you automatically fall under the new rule which might eventually get your application returned since you won't meet the number of days required. Today 10th is the LAST day to apply under the 3/4 rule.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
what is 3/4 rule?

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
missha said:
what is 3/4 rule?
Probably you haven't been following the immigration proceedings. For you to qualify for citizenship you have to be in Canada as PR or any other authorization for 3years out of 4. New rule now is 4years out of 6 with years without PR not COUNTED.

Read MORE: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become.asp

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
dnyfyn said:
So I had to go to Sydney on Saturday unexpectedly to do a presentation yesterday and today; covering up for one of my colleagues. I took my application with me to Sydney and submitted it at Sydney and was received today.

Nice place, friendly people but not so many people. CIC does not accept any application by hand.

I actually filled up and completed my application on June 02. I wanted to post it on June 08. However the surprise came in on friday. But more surprise came to me later to go to sydney. so I posted it in sydney and the post office guy exactly knew what the application was. However he said it will be delivered next morning and exactly it happened. Received by Dan Lewis, Dan, D.L. all the same guy.
Oh, that pretty cool. Do you live around NS? Or you travelled only because of the presentation while you also use the opportunity to submit you application. The fact is that you had your application delivered just in time. Mine was signed by MIKE. Let see how AOR timeline will go for us all.

All the BEST to everyone.

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
I applied on June 4, and application received on June 8 (signed by DAN) - basically there is no guarantee that CIC will process all application in June in June or July. due to large last minute rush they will take their time and June 10 batch applications will be the last batch of applications received . the next application they will receive will be june 10 2016 i guess.. so in 1 year they will have enough time to remove the backlog and do the stuff which people wait so dearly.

this is however sad to know many would miss their application by a day or two ... thousands would have been eligible by june 11 or june 12,, now its 1 year more in the calendar.

I hope everyone gets their AOR and passport soon. And i hope CIC would act less aggressively and much faster to remove the backlog. they have collected lot of money over the last 1 year to hire more people and put them to work to get things done.

cheers....

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malimm0a75 said:
I applied on June 4, and application received on June 8 (signed by DAN) - basically there is no guarantee that CIC will process all application in June in June or July. due to large last minute rush they will take their time and June 10 batch applications will be the last batch of applications received . the next application they will receive will be june 10 2016 i guess.. so in 1 year they will have enough time to remove the backlog and do the stuff which people wait so dearly.

this is however sad to know many would miss their application by a day or two ... thousands would have been eligible by june 11 or june 12,, now its 1 year more in the calendar.

I hope everyone gets their AOR and passport soon. And i hope CIC would act less aggressively and much faster to remove the backlog. they have collected lot of money over the last 1 year to hire more people and put them to work to get things done.

cheers....
The new rules will give the privilege to count the days with extra 2 years backwards so a lot of people will be eligible right after the new rules kicks in.
With the current outdated and slow system the people can count the days only from the last 4 years which is a big limitation.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
The new rules will give the privilege to count the days with extra 2 years backwards so a lot of people will be eligible right after the new rules kicks in.
With the current outdated and slow system the people can count the days only from the last 4 years which is a big limitation.
Under the new rules, a minimum of 183 days per fiscal year is required in order to count that year and qualify. anything less that that the years is not counted

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
Under the new rules, a minimum of 183 days per fiscal year is required in order to count that year and qualify. anything less that that the years is not counted
You can still count extra chunks of days towards the total 1460 within the last 6 years with conjunction of 4 years with at least 183 days.
Much easier compared to the current old rules

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Ojeola said:
Oh, that pretty cool. Do you live around NS? Or you travelled only because of the presentation while you also use the opportunity to submit you application. The fact is that you had your application delivered just in time. Mine was signed by MIKE. Let see how AOR timeline will go for us all.

All the BEST to everyone.
Hi Ojeola,

I went it because of the presentation. However to my surprise I came across few people who had actually made a trip to Sydney to submit the application. Especially people from the West.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnyfyn said:
Hi Ojeola,

I went it because of the presentation. However to my surprise I came across few people who had actually made a trip to Sydney to submit the application. Especially people from the West.
All the way from the west just to get the very same citizenship like those who will apply under the new rules.

ROLF :p

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application delivered 10am local time. Phew (wipe brow icon). Signed by Dan. Now the long wait begins ;D

I need to find the link for July Applicants tracker and update it.