RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
IRCC Etobicoke

CoPR : Oct 30, 2020
Photo delivered: Nov 9, 2020
GU: Apr 6, 2021
Card approved & mailed: Apr 13, 2021
Card received: Apr 15, 2021

The silver lining is that the card expiry date 5 years from issuing (Apr 2021) not CoPR.
Good to know that. Congrats!!

Last edited:

mlj1992

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before. I was finally able to link my PR card application to my CIC account. Is it normal that the list of steps on the application is the same as it was for PR? Like it has medial exam, eligibility, biometrics, etc? Obviously those things aren’t needed for a PR card, so is it just that the system always has that same list, or did I do something wrong?

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Hi everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before. I was finally able to link my PR card application to my CIC account. Is it normal that the list of steps on the application is the same as it was for PR? Like it has medial exam, eligibility, biometrics, etc? Obviously those things aren’t needed for a PR card, so is it just that the system always has that same list, or did I do something wrong?
Yeah I think it is a standard template for all online applications

Reactions: mlj1992

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
IRCC Etobicoke

CoPR : Oct 30, 2020
Photo delivered: Nov 9, 2020
GU: Apr 6, 2021
Card approved & mailed: Apr 13, 2021
Card received: Apr 15, 2021

The silver lining is that the card expiry date 5 years from issuing (Apr 2021) not CoPR.
FINALLY!!!! so happy for you!
and a good silver lining indeed!

Reactions: Kaisa_18

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Hi , can you please confirm what documents you sent to Edmonton office?
I have sent only COPR letter and 2 photos to Vancouver office. Do I need to fill any separate application form or only COPR letter and photo itself sufficient? I m confused now
Yes 2 photos and the COPR letter is enough..no need to fill out any form..hope it helps..thanks

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello all, I hope you all are keeping safe and this meets you well?

So I got my PR approved on January 31st 2021 (applied through a lawyer), sent the required docs for my PR card on February 3rd, 2021. Yesterday, IRCC resent my COPR to my lawyer (without any clear communication as to why they resent it). Does this mean the previous docs (photos) didn't meet their specifications and I should resend the docs and photos again?

Please help! Anyone else here who has experience on this, please help too. TIA! :)

MrGreen

Jul 11, 2020
Waterloo, ON
I have a question. I sent my COPR and a photo (as per instruction in COPR) via Canada Post. How will I know if this has been delivered? And how can I link my "application" in my CIC account? Thanks.

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
I have a question. I sent my COPR and a photo (as per instruction in COPR) via Canada Post. How will I know if this has been delivered? And how can I link my "application" in my CIC account? Thanks.
1. To check if your photos are delivered, simply track in canadapost.ca website using the tracking number.
2. To link your PR card application, go to your CIC account Click on 'Add (link) your application to your account' then Choose UCI and last name option provide your DOB. Next steps are little bit tricky: For PR approved date find the 'Status updated date' in your PR application and enter it here (not the date on your COPR). Next is place of birth: simply copy and paste it from your passport and in some cases, 'Place of birth' in your passport also includes your province/state with the city (Space, commas and uppercase/lowercase matter here) .
3. If everything is correct, then you should see a message that says an application is found and you can then link to your account.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AVC23

Apr 12, 2021
Hi everyone!

Quick question - if you send a prepaid airway bill for IRCC to send the card back to you, do they actually use it or just send it through Canada Post?