+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
No, I have not received any request. Why should they ask for a new photo?
Typically they ask for new photos when they do not meet their requirements. After having seen other people with similar timeline being asked to re-submit (including myself), I guess that photos older than 6 months are not valid for them. We were requested to resubmit photos by mid december, resubmitted them and still waiting again for some updates, even though I have lost my hope...

Reactions: Tamim8

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Typically they ask for new photos when they do not meet their requirements. After having seen other people with similar timeline being asked to re-submit (including myself), I guess that photos older than 6 months are not valid for them. We were requested to resubmit photos by mid december, resubmitted them and still waiting again for some updates, even though I have lost my hope...
That's frustrating!!! Their delay in processing applications caused this mess. At the time of submission, the photos were not 6 months old! their delay (over 6 months) caused this.

Reactions: Buddin

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
That's frustrating!!! Their delay in processing applications caused this mess. At the time of submission, the photos were not 6 months old! their delay (over 6 months) caused this.
Yup, it is veeeery frustrating. Specially when they don't give you a proper answer.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
How are you guys tracking the pr card application? I sent photos to Vancouver office and have not seen any email or any confirmation about them receiving the photos. I am not sure how to track all the next steps after we send photos till card is received.
Can someone please help here?

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
You can link your PR card application to your MyCIC account. Not all applicants are able to do it, but some can, so you can try.

There is no processing as such, except that you will be issued a PR card and it will arrive in a white envelope by Canada Post.
Thank you! How do I see the update if I am unable to track it? Can I call local visa office and ask for update?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you! How do I see the update if I am unable to track it? Can I call local visa office and ask for update?

You can send a webform or call IRCC.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Does anyone know what happens if they take more than 1 year to send the PR Card since the COPR? For example, the health insurance card that Quebec issued us with the COPR letter is only for one year, so not sure how to proceed if the card does not come in the next months for us (waiting since July).

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I don't think they are working these days. Mine is October 2020. already completed 100 days.
I sent my Photo in early June (over 200 days ago!) and there is no update yet! They could be understaffed, but I don't think they actually stopped working. I

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Does anyone know what happens if they take more than 1 year to send the PR Card since the COPR? For example, the health insurance card that Quebec issued us with the COPR letter is only for one year, so not sure how to proceed if the card does not come in the next months for us (waiting since July).
Which office u sent the photographs?