+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
Middle of 2020 was bad for paper documents sent to IRCC offices. I saw in another thread an interview where an IRCC spokesperson said they couldn’t physically send people into mail rooms to process paper documents.

Photos submitted around that time are quite likely still lingering somewhere in a huge pile of documents.

The situation improved later in the year. I’m reading later CoPR (from Oct/Nov) receiving their PR cards already. It seems to be ‘last in first out’ with IRCC.
thanks alot buddy for the info

Recantino

Dec 22, 2020
Canada Post is unacceptably slow recently. I sent my photos out on December 12th, from a inland town to Vancouver, normally 3 business days, but it has been 10 days now, no f* expecting delivery day available from Canada Post now. Very frustrating. My husband who is outside of Canada is waiting for a copy of my pr card to travel back to Canada to reunite with me and my son, and his visa expiration date is in February. Looks everything will be ruined by the first step -- slowest photos delivery by Canada Post. ☹
If you are about to mail your photos out, please use FedEx or UPS or puralator. Any of others are way better and realiable than Canada Post.
You don't need your PR card to bring your family back to Canada. My parents have just traveled using only my CoPR.

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Hey guys, just received my PR card today, part of journey is ended :) I would like to appreciate all the help I've gotten from this forum, and wish everyone good luck! :)

Here is my timeline:

CEC Inaland
VO: Ottawa
AOR: April 24th.
MEP passed & Biometrics requested : June 19th
Eligibility passed: July 17th.
Biometrics completed (bio-exempted): October 20th.
Background check completed: October 20th.
Final decision: October 28th.
CoPR: October 28th.
Received CoPR document in pdf: November 4th. (No ghost updates or calls before I got CoPR.)
Sent photos on to Vancouver office on November 6th, they received the photos on November 9th.
Ghost update: November 28th.
PR card mailed out: December 2nd.
PR Card received: December 22th.

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Happy Harper

Ttsyn

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
08-06-2019
Passport Req..
23-09-2020
I am wondering if it’s the same for everyone, I just landed through Toronto Airport in the early hours of Dec 21st...that same night I linked my PR card to my main application but it’s showing Eligibility, Biometric and Medical’s just like my approved PR application...is that normal?

Recantino

Dec 22, 2020
What you mean that your parents just used your copr to come to canada?
I mean that you don’t need to have your PR card to as a proof of permanent residency. Due to the travel restrictions you immediate family members need to show that I was a permanent resident, and they just showed my CoPR instead my PR card when they landed.

elagoli

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Hi,

My husband and I submitted our photos in one envelope to Vancouver office on October 9. My card was mailed on October 30.
But my husband status is still “submitted” ☹.
Does anybody is waiting for the 2nd applicant’s card from Vancouver?
Just wondering how many weeks/ months take the second applicant’s card to be issued?

BCPNP, Inland

Last edited:

Ukraine20

Mar 3, 2020
I mean that you don’t need to have your PR card to as a proof of permanent residency. Due to the travel restrictions you immediate family members need to show that I was a permanent resident, and they just showed my CoPR instead my PR card when they landed.
Did your parents have Canadian visa ? How they travel to her?

tyz

Dec 9, 2020
Hey guys, just received my PR card today, part of journey is ended :) I would like to appreciate all the help I've gotten from this forum, and wish everyone good luck! :)

Here is my timeline:

CEC Inaland
Received CoPR document in pdf: November 4th. (No ghost updates or calls before I got CoPR.)
Sent photos on to Vancouver office on November 6th, they received the photos on November 9th.

Merry Christmas!
Hi, why the mailing took 20 days within Canada?

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Hi, why the mailing took 20 days within Canada?
The regular delivery time is actually up to 6 weeks, so 20 days is considered fair. Though I was expecting to receive in 10 days lol. Plus Canada Post is extremely busy at this time since Christmas is approaching.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
What you mean that your parents just used your copr to come to canada?
To clarify: family members still need their own travel documents (eTA/TRV). In addition, they'll need your proof of PR (CoPR/PR card) to show they're exempt from travel restrictions.

anderat

Jun 14, 2020

Here is my timeline:

CEC Inaland

Merry Christmas!
Where/How can you see the Ghost Update?

Reactions: Tamim8

anderat

Jun 14, 2020
My timeline:

Vancouver office

EventDate
Received photos27/11
GU17/12
Approved/Sent out21/12

How long did it take people in Vancouver to receive them recently? Holidays will slow down the process probably.
Good luck everyone and happy holidays!
Where/How can you see the Ghost Update?