+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

ShivaOm

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I am a PR waiting PR card in BC. My drivers license is an interim paper now. Service BC repused to re-issue my card license without PR card. Also, my service card has no photo. And my COPR and foreign passport are not accetable as an ID at a bank or for cell phone installment. If feels like I am not a person in canada now. What should I do to do some social activities? No way but to wait for PR card mailed to me? Please suggest any. Thanks.
I was able to re-issue my paper license a couple of weeks back. Had to bring my passport and my COPR document.

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
I am a PR waiting PR card in BC. My drivers license is an interim paper now. Service BC repused to re-issue my card license without PR card. Also, my service card has no photo. And my COPR and foreign passport are not accetable as an ID at a bank or for cell phone installment. If feels like I am not a person in canada now. What should I do to do some social activities? No way but to wait for PR card mailed to me? Please suggest any. Thanks.
I'm in BC waiting for my PR card as well, they do require PR Card for service card renewal but passport can be used for banks. I often bring my BCID (which is already expired but has photo and address on it), passport and credit cards to banks, they don't even check my passport.

munavar21

Jun 20, 2016
Photo request received on 03 Nov
Photos received at Nova Scotia on 13 Nov
Ghost update on 16 Nov.
Hi,

I too received my photo request and I have sent photos on October 13 and received on Oct 16. I have not seen any ghost update. I have raised several web form but they have been continuously telling that they have not received ( sent the signed proofs of receiving as well) whereas the call centre agent is saying they will process.

I have sent through registered post to.

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

Please advise.

Vik_007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
I am having hard time linking my pr card application online. I dont have last name in my passport so is there anyone who can give me some tips regarding this issue. I sent my photo on oct 10th and i called ircc they said my file is in process

Reactions: Archi hassen

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
I am having hard time linking my pr card application online. I dont have last name in my passport so is there anyone who can give me some tips regarding this issue. I sent my photo on oct 10th and i called ircc they said my file is in process
There’s instruction posted by one of the member here thats very straight forward. If still doesnt work, then do trial and error.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I too received my photo request and I have sent photos on October 13 and received on Oct 16. I have not seen any ghost update. I have raised several web form but they have been continuously telling that they have not received ( sent the signed proofs of receiving as well) whereas the call centre agent is saying they will process.

I have sent through registered post to.

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6L1

Please advise.
Just chill, man. The PR card is not required unless you need to fly back into Canada. If you need photo ID, apply for a provincial photo ID card and it'll take a month to come. Use your passport in the meantime. You can get bank account, credit card, SIN etc without PR card. Your PR status isn't revoked in any manner. You can (worst case scenario) use your passport and signed COPR for any govt services. You're not doing yourself any favours by repeatedly raising webforms and giving more work for the staff. The PR card will come when it will come.

Reactions: Tamim8

Tamim8

Dec 4, 2019
Hi all congratulation! for those receieved their pr cards by now and best of luck for those still waiting like me

22 May 2020 Copr has been received via email
photos sent next day
still waitning for pr card

i called early this month they said it was not printed yet without further elaboration
is this normal?
thank you

Last edited:

munavar21

Jun 20, 2016
Just chill, man. The PR card is not required unless you need to fly back into Canada. If you need photo ID, apply for a provincial photo ID card and it'll take a month to come. Use your passport in the meantime. You can get bank account, credit card, SIN etc without PR card. Your PR status isn't revoked in any manner. You can (worst case scenario) use your passport and signed COPR for any govt services. You're not doing yourself any favours by repeatedly raising webforms and giving more work for the staff. The PR card will come when it will come.
I have got all bank account, credit card and SIn without that. In case of emergency or business trip, I need to have the PR card for travel. Moreover, its quite strange if others get their PR card after sending the photo whereas my case is not then anyone would be concerned. If they would have acknowledged about the receipt of photos I would have been relieved. Continous denial about non-receival is the cause of concern.

marcosa22

Feb 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
good news for people waiting on Edmonton to process their PR card. I got a second ghost update today on my wifes profile, and the first on mine (unless I missed my first). Hopefully they get it done this week...
Photos received in Edmonton on June 4th, COPR on May 28th

Reactions: mahi01237